Posts by Bosstooned

I've got a V8P. It's a great little amp, very smooth and clean. I've auditioned a few amps before I got it, amongst which was an MF M1 Amp, and I liked the V8P better actually. It was more refined and way more musical in my opinion. The other amps I can't really remember, but they didn't pass by on the internet very often, so they weren't well known. It's a hybrid amp and you get pretty much what you'd expect: Nice and tight sound with a nice bit of tube warmth added to...
Agree that it's not underpowered sub-bass wise, but it certainly doesn't overpower either in my opinion. It's got some tight rains on my bass-heavy DT990's and defines it very clearly. I'd have the X-can's tubes tested if I were you. Btw, I had the E17 for over a year and it never really had any depth in the bass for me. Goes to show how much importance good synergy can have I guess, haha.
 Well the russian alphabet is littered with characters that closely resemble our own, but can mean something different. So chances are that these are the right ones and if the person that told you these are the right ones is trustworthy, then I'd assume they are good. Hah, didn't know Grado made headphones with recessed mids :P. The hissing you describe reminds me of the times when my hi-fi amp needed an exchange of tubes. My V8P is silent as the grave and does a really...
 Haha to me they sound more like my DT990 with louder bass an shriller high's.I thought of getting these too, but they're just as expensive regardless of where you look for them. I just take of the 580 grills whenever I'm in the mood for it; as long as I'm inside nothing will really happen to them anyways and when I'm outside the difference is small enough to justify protecting the drivers with the 580 grills
Nah, the 600's are a completely different ballgame compared to the AKG's. I don't even believe the K550's to be on the same level as the 600's and 701, listened to three of them and it they were all terrible; muddy, unfocused, frequencies leaking all over the place... Allas, I tend to think the 600's to be kind of dark but smooth and refined in the mid sections. The 650's in my opinion add a bit of bass, but it's a sacking skin kind of bass, not punchy well endowed...
Tried with the old, flattened pads and with brand new ones I got from Sennheiser. Also have both the thin 600 cable and the 650 cable. And it always sounds much more detailed and airy than my memory of the 600 and 650 seems to be, yet the biggest difference seems to be the pace and energy it conveyes.
Ooo, McBride is an extremely good player, he's got lots of feel as well as a nice and groovy touch. He also knows what to play at what moment. Nothing he ever does, though, has made me feel like "Hmm", "wow" or "that's interesting". What he does is cool, yet not even in the same league as the likes of McVie and Sklar (or Pastorius, Clarke, etcetera) in my eyes. They redefined ways in which to play the instrument and it came to them very naturally; it's just how they play....
Yes anyone can do it, but I had to apply some well calculated force to the lips holding the drivers in place. I heard they can break and took care not to put too much strain on them. I pried them away one by one eventually.
So thus far everyone has failed to notice:   Stuart Zender: Jamiroquai's original bassist, his lines are very original, rhythm solid and he's incredibly diverse in his sounds. Abraham Laboriel: Just listen to Koinonia's Frontline front to back, that'll say enough... This man just ooze's jazz with his sense for rhythm and contrapunction (which sounds technical, but could well be the most play-full way of making music)  Paul Spencer Denman: Bassist for Sade, NO one...