Posts by Articnoise

Okay I have upgraded my PC with JCAT USB Card and JCAT USB Cable and can only say wow. This combination really makes my Master 7 with Offramp 5 + Teddy Pardo preforming in another league than before. The difference is a much clearer sound, way better dynamic, blacker background, a more open soundstage with superior instrument separation and more air. It also have a more natural tonality with a less warm midrange and firmer and superior defined bass. The treble is also...
Both do performance well, but sound fairly different especially then it comes to tonality.  If Hifiman by HE 560 is gaining market share at Audeze expense I’m not so sure at. Hifiman has had some pretty popular cans before as well.
Yes Audeze has their own QC issues like cracked wood rings and failing drivers. I do think even Audeze have listened to “the community”. They have step by step developed a more open sounded phones with a bit more energy in the upper midrange and treble and in some cases even a little dryer sound (LCDX) than before. I wouldn’t be surprised if they came out with a lighter can in less than a year.
Great have you compeer it to any other good aftermarket cables?
Yes I was faster this time
I never plug/unplug the connectors while I am listening and don’t think it’s the right way to do it. I have had a Hegel HD 20 and AP+PP and the bass is less blurry than on the M7 when using the USB input. With Offramp it gets clearly better, but still my (now sold) Hegel HD 20 and AP+PP where hitting a little harder and faster in the bass. I have add a PSU (Teddy Pardo) to the Offramp 5 and it improve on overall clarity and dynamic, bass impact etc., so now the bass is in...
 Welcome to Head-fi! I haven’t experienced any glitches and loss of sound when slightly moving the headphone cable.  I don’t think you should expect a drastic change in bass from burning in the Master 7 and 9 more (AGD burn them in for 300 hour). How long burn in time the DI-2014 and HD800 need I don’t know.  Have you tried the HD800 on any other dacs and amps and got better bass?  
Hahaha why should I want hi-res to sound better than reed book?   FYI If we strictly look at the midrange of a good recorded/pressed vinyl they actually have more information than a reed book. No I’m not pulling your leg.  If you compeer all frequency together (bass, mid, treble) reed book has more info thought.
To be able to get the benefit from hi-res audio you need to have a good and reviling system to play it on. A hi-res album will not magical change a poor sounded reed book to sound good, but can make an album that sound good in reed book sound even better, if the master record is hi-res to begin with. If not -no!  What you will benefit from “real” hi-res is a more refined overall sound, a bit less harsh treble (smoother) a bit more celerity in bass, deeper soundstage,...
HE-560 is a brighter and thinner sounded headphone than the HE-500. The HE-560 sound thinner than the 500 mostly because of a less warm/full midrange, but also because of a bit more extended and elevated upper treble and faster bass respond (less smeared bass). If one will categories the overall sound of The HE-560 bright or not will depend on your gear and preference. I wouldn’t pair it with gears that are on the bright and thinner side.  Other parameters than tonality...