or Connect

Posts by Articnoise

Thanks Roy and Jon can’t wait to hear the mR in my system.   Btw I have used the HQP desktop (native sample rate PCM) for two year and it gives me a clearer and more refine sound than all other media player I have tried. 
 Thank again! If I get you right you will have your iMac to work both as a server for the software and to get access to your external hard drive. You will when connect the iMac to a modem/router. The mR is connected to the modem/router in one end with an Ethernet cable, so separated so to speak. The mR is in the other end connected to the DAC or DDC. Looks easy. I guess I can do the same but instead of iMac use my PC. I’m still a bit worried about the noise from the iMac...
 Frankly I’m not so sure I have missed the actual substance that high quality EQ can bring. EQ is for changing FR. I’m not debating that if you want or need to alter or lower any specific part of the frequency - yes EQ is the tool. If you on the other hand want to change some quality aspects EQ is not the right tool for it. As I said before “EQ can only adjust more or less quantity of a signal in a given FR, never fix a problems which has to do with quality aspects like...
 Thanks Roy!  What if I instead of a ROON server and Mac Mini connect my PC to store and handle software program in NAA mode as in the configure diagram?  Any disadvantage to set it up like that? It would be a cheaper and better solution for me as I already have a good PC and need to have it somewhere. If I have understand it correct I will not get PC related noise problem if connect the PC to the router, as the PC is not any longer a part of the audio chain. Or am I...
 EQ can only adjust more or less quantity of a signal in a given FR, never fix a problems which has to do with quality aspects like harshness, digits, too much bass bloom or resonance. What you can do is tone down the annoying signal in those FR, but toning down is not the same as fixing the problem and also often comes with some disadvantage IMO.  EQ is a filter and not everyone like to add an extra filter, if not really needed, as you break the bit perfect transmission. 
 Thank you shuttlepod you are correct I don’t do upsampling or EQ. I just play at native sample rates thru HQPlayer with its great filters.  Does your friend use a SonicTransporter, NAS or something else? If he/she use a NAS do you know which one? I may be wrong but to me the difference in computer capacity, in and outputs, cooling system and power use between different NAS seems pretty big.  If I also may ask, how are you going to setup your microRendu when you get it?
The amp in the HDVD800 is pretty good. It is specially made for high Ohms headphones like the HD800, work well with LCD 3F (110 Ohm), maybe not the best pairing with LCD X (22 Ohm) IMO.   I don’t know how it pair with LCD 4, but I will try some day. 
 Both the Audeze Vegans and Focus-A pads are superior to the stock Hifiman pads IMO. The main difference with the vegans is that it change the tonal balance and make the sound fuller and denser by tone down the treble a bit and increase the sub bass with better seal. The vegans are more comfy, angled and also have better image. The Focus-pad A is the winner on clarity, air and soundstage width.  The cost of audio gear is not a very good indicator on SQ or QC. I have listen...
Nice impressions and congrats!   Btw Hegel has a new DAC the HD30. I have not personally heard it, but is reported to sound superior although keeping the sound sig of the HD25. 
I have order a mR from Vortexbox today. It is estimated to be delivered in end of June. It will give me time to get an NAS up and running. I already have a DAC, DDC and a router. If I have understood it right all I need now is a good NAS and it will store all my files as well as media software (Roon, Tidal, Jriver and HQPlayer). Which NAS should I get if I want it do all of that and also have 2-4 T storages or is SONICTRANSPORTER a better option? I normally rip CDs on my...