Posts by Kylv

About $15 off across the board compared to Amazon, for headphones not typically discussed on this forum.  No HD500-800s at all.
I was going to buy this on eBay before you pulled it off.  
I just checked them yesterday and couldn't believe how high they still were.  It's kind of funny, the used ones are more expensive than the new ones right now because the prices haven't adjusted.
Can you tell me what difference I might notice, so I can save the $$$$?  
Sounds like the only option left is to get rid of your chair.  
If you are handy with a soldering iron I would just open up the back of the speaker cabinets and solder new wires directly on to the speaker terminals, instead of splicing them together.  This will also give you a chance to see if everything is in good physical condition before you spend any money on trying to make them work. Check for previous water damage, make sure the speaker cones move freely, make sure the surrounds on the speakers aren't ripped or deteriorating,...
Well now I am really confused. The Denon speakers and amp came together, but you want to use the amp with different speakers and the speakers with a different amp? Are the pioneer speakers better sounding for the task you plan to use them for (home theater, monitors, outdoor music, etc)? If not, why not just use the Denons? Then you could just find an amp that is compatible with your imac output and can properly drive the pioneers. Or potentially even just use the Denon...
If the desk is pushed up to the wall, go to monoprice and buy a LCD mount for the wall for you monitor, it will free up a lot of room on your desk.   As for your replacement cable problem, I have no helpful suggestions.
I have the DT770's in the 80 ohm flavor.  They get plenty loud from my laptop, phone, and Sansa Clip Zip.  BUT I can max out the volume on all of the devices without reaching the point of the music being painful, it is extremely loud, but I could tolerate louder before my head exploded.    For the record, I don't usually listen to it that loud, just sometimes when a song comes on that I want to max out, I do.  If I have my E11 connected, it would easily reach ear...
 I'm glad someone else understands this, when I try to explain it to people they look at me like I am speaking a different language.  The more power you have, the more control the amp is going to have over the speaker it is driving.  If you have an under powered amp and it tries to push out a 50Hz signal on your subwoofer, it needs to have the power to bring the cone back in, or you get distortion. To the OP, in theory (my disclaimer) you could hook your 18 watt input...