Posts by tiga3mata

Quote: Originally Posted by AzN1337c0d3r I agree that this is pointless. First of all, when you go above a certain amount (somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-300 imo), the quality of a headphone starts becoming more and more dictated by tastes. Moreover, I doubt that more than 1% of the population on Head-Fi has listened to even one of those ultra-high-end phones for any serious amount of time. Not only is this useless, but for newcomers...
Quote: Originally Posted by mark_h Another k1000, they were designed to be so. Another vote for K1000
Quote: Originally Posted by krmathis We can at least hope so! Might help contacting AKG and request a revival of the K1000, or an upgraded version. I sent a fairly long and detailed email to AKG about it last week, but have not received an answer so far. I certainly plan to follow up with a secodn, third, ... email if I get no answer. Fingers crossed! Strange, their best headphones that they (AKG) designed over the last decade, and you would...
Quote: Originally Posted by krmathis Tease, tease... My K1000 rig, which I find to be really stunning (its ~$10,000 though)... You are nasty...
[QUOTE=Afrikane;5525741] Almarro A318B: Very easy to fall in love with this amp (18w) it did so many things right. This one needs to be sourced carefully though, bright sources need not apply. [QUOTE] Heard the Almarro A318A has slightly recessed highs....maybe that will be a better match!
[QUOTE=krmathis;5534849]^ Yeah, some of use do. The K1000 is a special pair of headphones, and need some though put into system matching to bring the most out of them.[QUOTE] Exactly why I am worried for me.... a fairly new K1000 owner...
This is sooo agonizing....Sennheiser please put an end to this....
After reading the posts here, I get the impression that K1000 owners are a bunch of crazies that go to great length to sqeeze the last ounce out of the headphones.... more so than owners of other model or makes.. Its great to be passionate...way to go!
Maybe its just me: love the K1000 but could'nt engage with the K701s, same family but elicits such different reaction.
This is a gold mine....exactly what any K1000 fan would need. Thanks for the effort.