Posts by tiga3mata

AKG K1000, clean fast and great sounstage!
Quote: Originally Posted by IPodPJ I thought you don't buy Chinese. Chinese gear is crap, remember? You gotta work real hard and get a good education so you can afford nice things, remember? Ha ha...this is too funny! You are hilarious....!
Quote: Originally Posted by The Monkey Just thought you guys would be interested in tangerine's assessment of the Phoenix... Its not an assessment, its a sweeping condemnation by a racial and economic bigot with a supremacist mentality. Why waste time posting his colored opinions....
All interesting. I am sure there are alot of Head fi members who has both K1K and HD800. This could potentially save lots of money. Thanks all for the recommendations so far...
Quote: Originally Posted by Afrikane You and me both buddy. Ha ha... Head fi deserves to know.... and you have the juice to do the comparison justice...
Quote: Originally Posted by robm321 Well, you could kind of consolidate. I used my Melos for HP-1000s (the Melos sounds good with almost all headphones) and also as a pre amp for my K-1000 amp. The added benefit was that I could plug in the HP-1000 and it would cut the K-1000 out and vice versa. That's a thought! But I would still require a power amp for the K1K right?
Quote: Originally Posted by audiowize I have both the HD-800, and just two days ago got a pair of K-1000's (again). Are you looking at tubes or SS? I would love to be in your position...congrats on your acquisition. T have no preference actually between ss or tubes....so any recommendations will be considered seriously!
Quote: Originally Posted by Drosera It's starting to look like the Audio-gd Phoenix would be up to the ask. Several people have already stated that it works very well with the HD800. The upcoming Los Angeles area meet this Saturday should give you several impressions (hopefully) of how it works with the K1000 as well. Thanks Drosera, would definitely appreciate some impressions from this Saturday's meet
Quote: Originally Posted by Afrikane I am on my local HD800 pre-order list. if we get them sometime this decade I will be comparing the HD800 directly to the rig in my sig. Quick someone send him a pair of HD800! The suspense is killing me...
Quote: Originally Posted by krmathis I bet you can not go wrong with a 4-board β22. Mine sing with the K1000, but sadly I have never heard the HD800. If it works well with the HD800, then I am getting one too. Would love to get dedicated head amps but economically not justifiable. Any idea if the RWA 30.2 is a contender?