Posts by tiga3mata

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnie Leo, HeadphoneAddict has heard both and posted his comments on The Stax thread (New) in the High-end Audio Forum. He does a good job of describing the particular aspects of each and comparing and contrasting each. I am a big fan of Woo (I have a GES) and once funds permit, I plan on buying the WES. Good luck. Thanks Johnnie, Headphone Addict seems to be the only comparison of any detail so far. I...
Hi, I just bought a Stax O2 Mk1. I have zero knowledge and experience about electrostats and their power requirements. I have limited opportunities to audition system combinations. I don't have the time or the patience for a slow upgrade route. I just like to buy a combo that produces very good music that I can live with for a very long time (I call this the buy and forget route... I can't afford repeated upgrades) I have been reading extensively about the different...
PM sent
Please PM me if you have either of these cables for sale. Preferred 12ft and terminated in banana plus or spades, but will consider others. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by moonboy403 IMO, the K1000 is everything that the K701 can do but do it MUCH better especially the midrange which lies closer to the K501(liquid, smooth, and soothing). Then you throw in an airy and natural soundstage that no headphones can match. Everything sounds very effortless. There you have it, a K1000. Admittedly, the K1000 was driven by the Audio Note Kit 1 while the K701 is driven by the Phoenix. The source was...
AKG K1000, clean fast and great sounstage!
Quote: Originally Posted by IPodPJ I thought you don't buy Chinese. Chinese gear is crap, remember? You gotta work real hard and get a good education so you can afford nice things, remember? Ha ha...this is too funny! You are hilarious....!
Quote: Originally Posted by The Monkey Just thought you guys would be interested in tangerine's assessment of the Phoenix... Its not an assessment, its a sweeping condemnation by a racial and economic bigot with a supremacist mentality. Why waste time posting his colored opinions....
All interesting. I am sure there are alot of Head fi members who has both K1K and HD800. This could potentially save lots of money. Thanks all for the recommendations so far...
Quote: Originally Posted by Afrikane You and me both buddy. Ha ha... Head fi deserves to know.... and you have the juice to do the comparison justice...