Posts by tiga3mata

Quote: Originally Posted by El_Doug AFAIK, the BHSE was not designed around any headphone. instead, it was simply built to offer extreme voltage swing around a purely dc-coupled signal path. i could be wrong, though... also may I ask then, which headphones do you suppose the WES was "designed for"? HI El Doug, I have been following your thread about your WES closely. After having it the past months have your done indepth listening and if so...
Quote: Originally Posted by mikeymad Boomana is correct. My experience has been Meet only. For me with my O2's I have to give the nod to the WES. BHSE had a huge sound to me, but the soundstage was not as well defined. WES had soundstage done right for me. Tons of detail and many layers in the presentation. Nothing I have heard has made me give up my SP ES-1 yet. Cheers, Hi Mikeymad, are you saying that I am better of considering...
Quote: Originally Posted by PFKMan23 I'd say a significant (in this case) factor is availability or lack there of. The Woo WES will have a much much shorter lead time if you are looking to get an amp soon, which I would assume you are, given that you just bought the Stax. This is real useful info. I read somewhere that a member had to wait 18months for his BHSE.... while Jack indicated a leadtime of 4 weeks for the WES, definitely food for...
Quote: Originally Posted by forbigger afaik some of singaporean have blue hawaii paired with omega 2. its not bhse but the original blue hawaii . You might want to hook up with the owner for audition. sound wise, there should be not much difference between original blue hawaii and bhse. for WES, closest you can find a person that own it in the region is fcklo and he is in HK. btw, how much you bought the o2 ? and where did you get it? Hi...
Quote: Originally Posted by boomana I think very few people have heard both, and probably none that have heard both outside of a meet setting, which isn't the best place for picking up on the nuances of high-end gear. I have and love the BHSE as the best O2 amp I've heard. I really respect Woo's amps, but have no experience with the WES. Hi Boomana, it is tricky buying equipments without a proper audition especially when a fair sum of money is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnie Leo, HeadphoneAddict has heard both and posted his comments on The Stax thread (New) in the High-end Audio Forum. He does a good job of describing the particular aspects of each and comparing and contrasting each. I am a big fan of Woo (I have a GES) and once funds permit, I plan on buying the WES. Good luck. Thanks Johnnie, Headphone Addict seems to be the only comparison of any detail so far. I...
Hi, I just bought a Stax O2 Mk1. I have zero knowledge and experience about electrostats and their power requirements. I have limited opportunities to audition system combinations. I don't have the time or the patience for a slow upgrade route. I just like to buy a combo that produces very good music that I can live with for a very long time (I call this the buy and forget route... I can't afford repeated upgrades) I have been reading extensively about the different...
PM sent
Please PM me if you have either of these cables for sale. Preferred 12ft and terminated in banana plus or spades, but will consider others. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by moonboy403 IMO, the K1000 is everything that the K701 can do but do it MUCH better especially the midrange which lies closer to the K501(liquid, smooth, and soothing). Then you throw in an airy and natural soundstage that no headphones can match. Everything sounds very effortless. There you have it, a K1000. Admittedly, the K1000 was driven by the Audio Note Kit 1 while the K701 is driven by the Phoenix. The source was...