Posts by tiga3mata

It was fun and I would definitely do it again. I would love to hear the LCD3 out of the WA22 to see how it can complement the 009s with the BHSE. Another amp that may be interesting for the LCD3 is the HeadAmp GSX.
Hi Tim, thanks for coming over and sharing. I found out that I like the tonality and presentation of orthos and I can see myself owning a pair.....possibly closed variety to complement my 009s. The LCD3 has a well deserved reputation particularly the bass.....very satisfying. Next I will have to do it justice by listening to it on an appropriate amp.I have 2 observations to add to your meet impressions:1. After listening to the 007mk1 and the 009s out of the BHSE the past...
I did....on post #1110. Be warned though that it is a review of mostly the Stax SR-007. It is very informative in an academic kind of way. I made the comparison here to David's review because of similarities in dedication and passion to the headphone community so apparent in both reviews.
Hi David, here is the link. You will get a taste of how I felt after reading your post....stupendous! http://www.head-fi.org/t/40313/stax-sr-007-omega-ii-a-review-after-4-years-of-ownership
I thought that I will never read the equivalent of Darthnut's legendary review. I am glad to be proven wrong. What he did for depth of review, you matched with width. Thank you for the incredible dedication and generosity!
Thank you. Your post reminded me of the "human face" of this hobby that all too often get losts in the cacophony of opinions, speculations and egos. Your passion is refreshing!
^ Plus ASR's detailed instructions is very helpful. Thank you.
Which is why it is good to provide clear and accurate operating instructions for equipments you supply. If owners choose not to follow your instructions then they are solely liable for any resulting consequences, I believe BHSE owners are mature enough to understand that.I am keen to maximize the performance of my BHSE which is not unusual for owners of equipment of this calibre. Unfortunately I am not conversant with some of the technical terms used here. I have read...
  Fair advice...I wouldn't try unless I am reasonably sure. After reading it again, I think I understand. Now all I need is that insulated probe from Justin before I check out the different tubes in my inventory. Anyone here has any experience with tube rolling for the BHSE and Stax SR 009 combo? Any opinion about what sounds best?
Thanks on the tube positionining. Now to figure out how to adjust the DC Offset.