Posts by tiga3mata

This is a gold mine....exactly what any K1000 fan would need. Thanks for the effort.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncle Erik It is difficult to upgrade from the K-1000. Like a few others have mentioned, I've gone to loudspeakers. I think I'm done with new headphones - the HD-800 and PS-1000 don't interest me. There are rumors of other new models coming along, so I assume that AKG and Beyerdynamic might be rolling out new models. Beyerdynamic always seems to offer excellent value for the money so I would take a close look at anything...
All this talk is creating an itch....
K1000 out of my Shanling MC-30 Music Centre. I look forward to unwind with them at the end of the day. I makes bad recording difficult to listen to. But with well recorded materials, I just cant stop listening....
Akg K701....tried my darnest to love them...but they are beyond bad!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mike Wazowski Thanks for taking the time to share!.. There is not much real people reviews on Shanling MC-30 otherwise... I "went cold turkey"myself 10 years ago, with both kids and an overseas move. Now returning, started with AKG K701s, just with a 5G iPod now, and still what a joy!.. I am getting a SACD player soon, then a tube amp closer to the Holidays, and plan to enjoy every step! Way to go! Gotta feel good...
Quote: Originally Posted by djork Good for you! As for now I'm only having it connected to a Marantz integrated amp. A PM6002 to be precise. Sounds great to my ears, but seriously some day I should try other amps Totally agreed.....Rule number one: It must sound good to your ears regardless of price!
[QUOTE=In the past couple of weeks - thanks to the kindness of a fellow member - I've had the opportunity to try out a K1000 powered by a Jadis Orchestra Reference. It has been a revelation....though I think the combo could do with a bit more taming (its those darn KT90's )[/QUOTE] Ha ha....wish I had friends like that too....that will be my next project! Like most things in life, its a compromise and right now, I am very happy with the costs vs outcome.
A Weekend of Indulgence When my kids came along 3 years ago, I sold my high end stereo system and went cold turkey. However, the urge for music was always present. Sadly, the best that I could do was to vicariously indulge my interest as a lurker in this forum. That is....until recently.... I took the plunge when a set of the K1000 became available for sale. Unfortunately, I did not have the amplification available so for the past fortnight, the closest I came to...
Hi there, Does anybody have any experience with the MC-3 as source and amp for the K1000? Looking for an affordable all in one to drive my newly acquired K1000. Any suggestion would be appreciated.