Posts by tiga3mata

All this talk is creating an itch....
K1000 out of my Shanling MC-30 Music Centre. I look forward to unwind with them at the end of the day. I makes bad recording difficult to listen to. But with well recorded materials, I just cant stop listening....
Akg K701....tried my darnest to love them...but they are beyond bad!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mike Wazowski Thanks for taking the time to share!.. There is not much real people reviews on Shanling MC-30 otherwise... I "went cold turkey"myself 10 years ago, with both kids and an overseas move. Now returning, started with AKG K701s, just with a 5G iPod now, and still what a joy!.. I am getting a SACD player soon, then a tube amp closer to the Holidays, and plan to enjoy every step! Way to go! Gotta feel good...
Quote: Originally Posted by djork Good for you! As for now I'm only having it connected to a Marantz integrated amp. A PM6002 to be precise. Sounds great to my ears, but seriously some day I should try other amps Totally agreed.....Rule number one: It must sound good to your ears regardless of price!
[QUOTE=In the past couple of weeks - thanks to the kindness of a fellow member - I've had the opportunity to try out a K1000 powered by a Jadis Orchestra Reference. It has been a revelation....though I think the combo could do with a bit more taming (its those darn KT90's )[/QUOTE] Ha ha....wish I had friends like that too....that will be my next project! Like most things in life, its a compromise and right now, I am very happy with the costs vs outcome.
A Weekend of Indulgence When my kids came along 3 years ago, I sold my high end stereo system and went cold turkey. However, the urge for music was always present. Sadly, the best that I could do was to vicariously indulge my interest as a lurker in this forum. That is....until recently.... I took the plunge when a set of the K1000 became available for sale. Unfortunately, I did not have the amplification available so for the past fortnight, the closest I came to...
Hi there, Does anybody have any experience with the MC-3 as source and amp for the K1000? Looking for an affordable all in one to drive my newly acquired K1000. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
You will get much better rates changing your USD in Singapore as opposed to using your credit card. Most place offer decent rates...but the best can be found in Raffles Place at the Arcade Building. No fees and u can bargain for better rates for large amounts. You can save on credit card commission by paying with cash. If you are into food, I recommend that u buy a copy of the food guide called "Makansutra" at the bookshop, that recommends the best street food. One of...
Hi RYCet, 1. I would also recommend the night zoo, botanic gardens, and bugis for sightseeing. 2. Try Geylang for the salted black bean beef noodles, Newton for an introduction to hawker food and Katong for Laksa. 3. Hotel 81 is reasonable and clean for accomodation. Hope u have fun! Quote: Originally Posted by becomethemould and if you like clubbing, my friends and i went to zouk and ministry of sound. the music there sucks but with...