Posts by Bonesy Jonesy

Hi The Attorney,PM sent 
Hi Attorney,You could get the 009's direct via Japan from PriceJapan.com.     I'm waiting for mine to arrive (hopefully in next few days) currently with ParcelForce in Customs office in Coventry since last Wednesday.  They only took two days to get from Japan to UK ! Where abouts do you live in the UK ?   Would be nice to hear your BHSE.  !  
Comparison between the Ayre QB 9 DSD (or USB ???) Vs the Chord QBD76HDSD would be good as quite a few HeadFi members rave about the Ayre QB 9 but little mention about the QBD76 or the Chordette Qute !     In the UK the QBD76, QBD76HD, QBD76HDSD and Chordette Qute DAC's have great (mostly maximum 5 star) reviews in the UK ! 
 +++ AA     Thank you Shaizada.   Same from your side a great write up.     Yes the Hugo is a good portable DAC and a good portable Headphone Amp (although the Astell & Kern AK240 blows it out of the water as a portable headphone amp with balanced out headphone mode) but not a replacement for a desk top DAC like the QBD76 !   I also have the Chord Electronics Chordette System which includes the Prime Pre-Amp, Qute DAC, Toucan Headphone Amp and two Scamp Amps.  Apart from...
++ A   Nice one isquirrel You may be able to find a Blu second hand for a lot less than full price from Chord although if you bought a new one you can customise the surface finish i.e. full chrome or polished jet black or only the lid chromed etc as opposed to the standard silver or black aluminium finish.      I haven't heard Chord's Reference Mk3 CD Player which has the motorised CD lid/door (which doesn't have the latest HDSD part of the DAC) but I have heard that the...
++ A    Nice write up isquirrel.    Lovely set up you have there.     Yes you are exactly right with the set up.   You definitely don't have to compromise with other items down the train with the QBD76 except for good quality recordings.      Strange about the issue you have with USB.   Have you tried Audirvana Plus ?.   I use this software and have no problems with it at all for all file types as long as I have disabled iTunes and only use ITunes as the carrier.    Make...
Dear All, Just want to apologise announcing my purchase of the Stax 009's on the BHSE thread as the 10+ messages have been about the Stax 009's !      Will resort to the Stax 009 thread regarding future messages on these headphones.
Hi Rico613, If I had have known this 5 days ago I would have bought your 009's.  My order now firmly placed with PriceJapan.com !   As a matter of interest how did you find PriceJapan.com regarding quality of the 009's, delivery, communication, Stax warranty etc. ?    Are they the latest Stax 009 range or an older batch that has been stored in a warehouse for a few years….. thinking this is why their price is much lower than everybody else's !  Out of curiosity…..Why did...
Hi Shaizada,The synergy and overall sound of the Blu is awesome with the QBD76 in up-sampling dual signal mode….you won't be disappointed.   You will find it very enjoyable to listen too.   Its very important though that you have very high quality interconnecting cables especially the dual digital signal cables.   I use Tellurium Q Black throughout.  Even much higher end CD based systems from Naim and Vitus which I have spent some hours listening too in hifi shop demo's to...
Hi Folk, Thought I would chip in here as I am a big Chord Electronics fan and have numerous CE items including the QBD76 DAC.   I have heard the Hugo both as a headphone amp and as a DAC in a speaker system.     I own (last 2 years) the full Choral system i.e. Blu CD Transporter, QBD76 DAC, Prima Pre-Amp and two Mezzo 140's connected to Focal Electra 1038 Be's.    The QBD76 DAC is far superior to the Hugo in every way when run in full balanced mode for a speaker...