or Connect

Posts by BucketInABucket

Stock they were meh, very typical vintage n-shaped sound but was very easy to listen to. Didn't bother damping them at all before doing my modIt was tedious cleaning up all the old decayed foam but it's totally worth it!Much better than that installation was stock for sure. It just about makes up for having to get rid of the original installation's looks.Those pads are stretched over a pair of modern pads. Did that to maintain the aesthetic cause it didn't affect the sound...
JVC HP-1000 modded for dual-entry and with a special surprise in them...
Something sounded off when I first listened to them which became even more apparent when I compared them to other cans so I used this to confirm the issue. Probably some goofed-up wiring job now that I think about it but I swapped the cable anyways and it worked off the bat so I'm happy. Thanks to you I should get that kit soon  
As promised Nick, I finally got around to fixing the phase of the drivers (damn T10 diaphragms) so here it is! My bag of damping unfortunately got thrown away so I wasn't able to apply any further damping schemes to this can so impressions are based on nothing else but sorb on the back of the baffle. The wood was sourced from an old fabric factory where strands of wool or something were wound around large wood rollers. I chose it because it smelt similar to sapele - very...
Happen to have that can next to me. Shame the tuning is...not great...
I run unbalanced from a Stoner Acoustics UD110v2. Is there any way to fix it? It doesn't seem to be there out of the balanced out.
There's a humming sound I can hear out of the single-ended output which sounds like a b-note. Has anyone else heard the same thing?
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that. Worse feeling to kill a majestic old grandpa like that. Goodness knows I did that at least three times before I learnt how to properly take them apart while keeping them intact... Speaking of which, any ideas on how to recable the ID1 while keeping the driver in good condition? The stock cable is horrible and there's some kind of propriety connector on the driver which I need to figure out how to work around.  [[SPOILER]]
Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon! Check my signature  Edit: I am thinking of getting a power amp for the ID1 though. Maybe once I get a pair of speakers, I can justify it...