or Connect

Posts by BucketInABucket

My two rigs!    
Did up two Mr Speakers cables for my friend. This one is done with Mogami quad, a DHC molecule jack and nylon sheathing. This one isn't technically a new one, just me fixing a broken cable. I used a spare 6.3mm jack for the Y-split as the old one was broken.
Got my F1 and am currently powering it straight from my laptop. Either my DACMagic USB section sucks or the F1 is brilliant...or both. 
I love you,You love me.We're a happy family.With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you,Won't you say you love me too?
Uhh, I've never heard of the SS-35 honestly so I have no idea, sorry.
I do fancy a nice pair of army boots myself  You just peel the old pads off, carefully if you wanna keep them intact, get some double-sided adhesive sheet at the local craft store and use that to stick the new pads on.
If you need new pads, I use these for my HP-1A. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301766583653 They might fit on the SS-35 too and they're also cheap enough to buy more than one pair for experimentation!
Wondering if an Akai AA-1050 would be worth it for 80 pounds.
Yeah, it ended up working in the end but I had to stop for a while due to school and by the time I could get back into it, I saw the DAM1121 coming out and decided to base my project around that instead.
It seems like a ton of trouble to go that far to get PCM1704s so I've decided to cancel the order yes I am weak   I had a look at analoguemetric already and they sell K-marked chips so I'm not sure exactly how trustworthy they are.   I'm seriously considering modding a Philips CD753 or Marantz CD5000 to be a DAC now, but I know that's going to be a challenge and a half for someone of my calibre...