or Connect

Posts by BucketInABucket

This is the receiver version of the famed NAD 3020 amplifier with a built-in FM/AM tuner. The amplifier has a sweet natural sound that punched way above its price point in the day and still sounds great now. It works perfectly with no issues noted. However, as this is a vintage product, it might require some servicing at a later time due to age. There are a few marks on the top as shown in the pictures and a small chunk of the plastic which holds the antenna in place is...
I'm an owner of the AP here and it's indeed a touch too bright for what I'm aiming for when paired with either the LC or a Project Ember.   Speaking of which, I got a Theta Basic IIIa coming hopefully tomorrow; can't wait to see how it slots in with my rig!
That's cool; what shell is that you're using? Mine is pretty much a driver swap too except a hell of a lot lazier and quicker. Pads are some fleabay ESW9 replacement pads that are actually really nice with a texture similar to HM5 pads but there's no space for sorb and I didn't put in much of anything else, just a piece of AC covering the back so the baffle isn't even sealed.  I find that YHD drivers tend to be pretty forgiving of what you do to them though. They'd have to...
My YHD1 drivers are hidden away in here! 
Selling an AP in tip-top condition. Since they're practically a year old, the warranty's all but run out though. Shipping is included in the price for UK customers; everyone else please do PM me for a quote. Since I'm in the EU, there is no need to pay VAT to import these which means huge savings compared to buying one elsewhere! Feel free to ask any more questions; I'll do my best to answer them as best as I can!   Condition: Minty fresh - practically new! 2nd...
I probably need a sub too but wallet is lacking atm...
They do sound pretty decent just like this but I need a pair of stands, to rearrange my furniture and all that jazz..   Nah, all of them combined did cost more but the HK and Tandberg were about the cost of the A717...
Not enough space for a proper setup unfortunately so it's towering over my head at the moment  I am; its a very sweet sound out of the KEFs. The Tandberg and HK are pretty tied at the moment, only time and an eventual full servicing job will tell. Ironically they were also the same price minus the shipping costs of the Tandberg. I'll also have to reservice the Armstrong as the right channel is a few dBs lower than the left and I might as well do the whole thing while I'm...
So, I ended up not springing on the A717 and instead buying a few other things...   KEF Model 104aBs   Armstrong 626 NAD 7020 Harman Kardon HK930 Tandberg 2025
Meanwhile, my dad's the reason I got into hifi in the first place with his damn sexy speaker setup...