or Connect

Posts by BucketInABucket

Any chance of an upgrade option for gen1 LC owners? That SE noise issue was getting kind of old...
I'd recommend these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301766583653 Really cheap, made of a very nice pleather and aren't too stiff like most cheap Chinese earpads are.
Still don't have the room for that, unfortunately. The best setup I've found at the moment is with them fairly near me sitting on sorbothane hemispheres to isolate them from the table. I expect the sound of my setup to improve tremendously when I move to a new place as I'll have enough space to push the speakers way back away from my desk by then. 
The Harman Kardon 930 consistently beats out my other receivers so now it's pretty much the only one I use. Thinking of upgrading it now but not sure where to start...
 55L x 50W (57 counting the small square bit sticking out the side of the driver) x 9D. All dimensions are in mm. I also believe someone else did a transplant but I don't remember who.  [[SPOILER]]  Would any other pads fit on them? I love HM5s myself and they're generally the only ones I use nowadays. Not gonna add to the sorb hype anymore btw; just try it and see for yourself  It's not just the surface area but the magnet to hole ratio, how the driver is tensioned,...
Or you can sell the drivers to me 
I think we all pushed our first few cans perhaps a bit too far at some point; I remember being frustrated at the stripped screws of my TDS-5 and staring in horror as I accidentally tore the diaphragm a few weeks later when I first started on this mad journey! I used to be searching desperately for a cheap platform for my own transplants; if only I'd known about that sony back then! Sometimes the best transplants are the laziest and less stressful though  it does sound like...
This is the receiver version of the famed NAD 3020 amplifier with a built-in FM/AM tuner. The amplifier has a sweet natural sound that punched way above its price point in the day and still sounds great now. It works perfectly with no issues noted. However, as this is a vintage product, it might require some servicing at a later time due to age. There are a few marks on the top as shown in the pictures and a small chunk of the plastic which holds the antenna in place is...
I'm an owner of the AP here and it's indeed a touch too bright for what I'm aiming for when paired with either the LC or a Project Ember.   Speaking of which, I got a Theta Basic IIIa coming hopefully tomorrow; can't wait to see how it slots in with my rig!
That's cool; what shell is that you're using? Mine is pretty much a driver swap too except a hell of a lot lazier and quicker. Pads are some fleabay ESW9 replacement pads that are actually really nice with a texture similar to HM5 pads but there's no space for sorb and I didn't put in much of anything else, just a piece of AC covering the back so the baffle isn't even sealed.  I find that YHD drivers tend to be pretty forgiving of what you do to them though. They'd have to...