or Connect

Posts by BucketInABucket

Uhh, I've never heard of the SS-35 honestly so I have no idea, sorry.
I do fancy a nice pair of army boots myself  You just peel the old pads off, carefully if you wanna keep them intact, get some double-sided adhesive sheet at the local craft store and use that to stick the new pads on.
If you need new pads, I use these for my HP-1A. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301766583653 They might fit on the SS-35 too and they're also cheap enough to buy more than one pair for experimentation!
Wondering if an Akai AA-1050 would be worth it for 80 pounds.
Yeah, it ended up working in the end but I had to stop for a while due to school and by the time I could get back into it, I saw the DAM1121 coming out and decided to base my project around that instead.
It seems like a ton of trouble to go that far to get PCM1704s so I've decided to cancel the order yes I am weak   I had a look at analoguemetric already and they sell K-marked chips so I'm not sure exactly how trustworthy they are.   I'm seriously considering modding a Philips CD753 or Marantz CD5000 to be a DAC now, but I know that's going to be a challenge and a half for someone of my calibre...
Wonder if this would be legit: http://component.iiic.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1852765   I'm currently waiting on the DAM1121 from Soekris to come out tbh but he's having difficulties so best thing is patience  
I see a PMD100/200 filter in the DiYinHK kits, would this count as that kind of filter? I don't know too much about this kind of stuff tbh  
Hmm, it might be a better idea to get the AD1862 kit from them instead. I doubt I'll notice any significant difference in the sound if I do so. Another project I've thought about is modifying an old CDP to be a DAC but that's not something I should go into too much detail here!
Thanks for the help guys and I've contacted the seller to see if I can cancel the order. Any idea of where to get real Ks?