Posts by westermac

Once again, I have accumulated more tubes than I will ever have use for so it’s time to pass some along. My last tubes listing was really more about clearing out the ol’ drawer, while this one really includes some of my personal favorites.   Prices include shipping to CONUS and PayPal fees. Buy more than one tube (or matched pair)  and the price for each additional tube (or matched pair) drops $5 since I will save in shipping.   Sorry, I don’t have a picture of the...
I have a pair of JBL LSR-4326P monitors in great condition which have served me very well, but since our baby has taken over the music room and they are too large to have on my desk at work I am looking to trade them for something smaller with a similar MSRP ($1000-$1300/pair).   Some brands I am interested in are Adam, Genelec, and Focal, but I would be open to considering others.   Please take note that I am only interested in studio monitors, NOT bookshelf/hi-fi...
Great deal! PM sent.
PM sent.
PM sent.
 Thanks! I will definitely come over and check things out.  Those RTI-A3's look nice; too bad I'll be waiting awhile to add some decent bookshelf speakers  Glad to hear the 5700 performs admirably with them though. As mentioned I will mainly be using mine as a headphone amp at work (as a high-power SS alternative to my WA3) where my path will be MacBook Pro (ALAC/Spotify 320kbps) --> Avid MBox 3 Pro --> KA-5700. I'll let you know how it performs with my various headphones.
I'm a bit late to the conversation here, but I just snagged one of these myself and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive! I plan on using it as a headphone amp as well, with my K240 Sextett, K340 (possibly out of the speaker outputs) and HD 600. I don't own any decent speakers yet, but I like the idea of being able to simply add those later, as well as having a halfway decent phono stage for my less than decent turntable.   I'm glad to hear you enjoy the signature; I...
I recently acquired my first tube amp (WA3), which has in turned exposed me to the perils of tube rolling. I do not have the golden ears to fully appreciate the subtle differences, nor the wallet to spring for anything truly top-notch, so it’s time to clear out my inventory and settle down!    None of these tubes have more than 10 hours put on them since I acquired them, and as an added bonus they have all been listened to and have been verified to sound great. PM me if...
Sold!
Sold!