Posts by Vansaar Sanders

I haven't listened to the B&WW P7 yet, so I have no idea how to compare these cans. However, I prefer the ADL H118 than the M100 for some reasons such as the comfort and the midrange. But I won't say that the H118 are better, it's up to your taste.
Thank you. I'm still a new guy in reviewing headphones and for sure don't have any measurements or graphs so it's still not a good one :)
Thanks for the review
In general, you may find these cans relaxing, similar to the HD650 with more bass (the mid, of course, HD650 still much better, but the way they sound is similar)
Yeah I got it. The H118 sound is dark, not like any ATHs that I've heard. The AD700, AD900 and M50 is much brighter, especially around 7-10 kHz I guess. Mid, though, isn't recessed. The treble is a little bit back behind, as I say, "gentle treble."
1)They have good isolation and barely leaks anything outside. 2)They can handle every electronics. 3)They can be drived by ipod/ iphone, but you shouldn't do that for a 300$ headphones. 4)The mid is not forward. It's perfect for me. Just a little bit warm on the lower mid, but that's ok.
First of all, I want to say that my English is not good. Sorry for any mistakes * Pros: -          Detailed, easy to drive. -          Smooth and warm mid. -          Such wide soundstage for closed cans, good isolation. -          Nice build, perfect fit, detachable cable, foldable, nice hard case. * Cons: -          A little bit heavy and hot, not very comfortable for long-sesion listening -          Some may find them “bassy”. Price: around 280$ *...
At 100$, I will get a pair of headphone. If you love the openess, then go for open headphones. Depend on what kind of music you listen to, I know things you may interest in: - Audio technica AD700: these cans are a little bit "bass-shy", good mid, ok treble. good for vocals, something slow, clear and require less bassy-beat. - Presonus HD7: studio cans, very open, can play almost everything (but nothing perfect of course). - Senheiser HD518: bass is quite slow, not...
Back to the main subject, this guy needs a headset. If only he could put up to 200, I'd suggest him a klipsch image x10. But that's quite out of his budget
Oh, talking about the xba-1, have you checked the new xba-10? It's a huge improve. And talking about clarity, it's depend on how you define "clarity". Since I've listened to some hi-end stuffs like AKG K702, Senn HD600, 650, 800,... The word "clarity" is a little bit "hard"