Posts by PaperMacWriter

Like others, I prefer the 880s, but also I think you really ought to look at pairing an amp with them. You don't need to go high end — quite the contrary. My friend has DT990 250 Ω, and he uses one of the cheapest Fiio amps. You can do better than that if you want, but getting an amp like the Schiit Magni or Vali or a low end Fiio would really help you get the most enjoyment from them. Not trying to sell you on a super high-end amp and DAC combo, but something that has the...
My friend has the DT990 Pro, and even that sounds fantastic. I haven't heard the premiums, some people say it sounds better but even if you get the cheapest option it's still a great set of cans. I'd say 250 Ω is probably best, a computer *can* drive them but it won't sound ideal. I would say that you're probably out of luck for the blu-ray player, USB is the input for most DACs, and definitely for anything near your price range. You would be able to use an amp with it...
Apart from the Asgard, all of those are tube amps. Do you think that tubes are a better fit for the T90s than solid state?
Only one of these cans I've spent enough time with are the 880s, I love them but they're probably too bright as KG Jag mentioned. Good luck with your search!
Howdy y'all,   I'm upgrading from Sennheiser Momentums to Beyerdynamic T90s. I found that I almost exclusively use headphones at my desk/at home, and on the go I would use earbuds. I liked the sound of the Momentums, but they're just too small for my ears and hurt after a short while. Speaking with people who own the T90s and listen to similar music to me (folk, acoustic, jazz, and some indie), they seemed like the best buy for closed back headphones. I also love the...
Hey starstorm,   I haven't spent that much time with the Momentum On-Ears, but I've been using my over-ears for about a year now... I'm in the camp that the ear cups really are too small for long listening sessions. In that regard, I'd consider them both to be on-ears, with the smaller, lighter (and cheaper) model being more comfortable. Not as good of a seal, but a little better for comfort.   As for sound, I'm pretty confident they're fairly different internally. The...
I've posted occasionally before, but I'm only now really getting into these forums. I've always enjoyed reading the stuff here, hope that I'll be able to learn some and contribute 
Thank, pbui44! Hope to see y'all at a meetup in the not-so-distant future... don't have a lot to bring to the table, but I'll bring what I've got 
Wow, fantastic review! Thanks muchly.   I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the T90s, if you've ever spent much time with those 
Just got a pair of T90s myself — what do you think of your setup, FrZ-Fi? I'm in the same situation as you, getting my first amp. I'm thinking of the Magni for myself. Some people have said that other amps pair better with the T90, but I'm still enough of a novice to not understand why...