Posts by Pirakaphile

So I dove into the world of Hi-fi a few months back after getting some Grado sr-80i's (arguable, but Iwho cares, I love them) and now, I'm looking into other headphones for my music listening. Beyerdynamic, Stax, Sennheiser, and even Hifiman are on my list, and after looking at bazillions of reviews, I've finally found that Stax SR-207 look like a good intro to electrostatic headphone (earspeaker, whatever) for me. The only problem is, besides the fact that I'm still...
Yello everyone, hope the season is goin' well. I'm finally thinking about investing in a DAC and an amp for my laptop, and now that I know what I'm getting, I just need to know how to work the dang things. I'm getting a Fiio E10 dac/amp just for portable use with my laptop, but I know that later I'm going to see if I can get the Magni from Schiit. I've been racking the internet looking for what kind of connector to use to hook up the E10 with the Magni, and I still have...
It's not exactly the amp in question, but the DAC. I just need a DAC/amp so I can drive my headphones right through it without having to buy an amp as well as a DAC
I've heard some less-than-healthy things about the Udac, and the Odac needs to be connected to an amp before it can drive headphones is what I've collected. The JDS labs needs to be connected to an amp too I think. I looked at ibasso, but everything's a bit too much. I'm probably going to end up going with something fiio. I had to narrow my budget after my money had to be spent elsewhere.
Alright, I just found, after months and months of looking all over the place and testing out all sorts of headphones, I've finally settled on an affordable and amazing sounding pair of cans. Grados may not look the nicest in some people's eyes, but damn, I think they're gorgeous, and **** they sound great. Even the SR60i's were competing with $200 and $300 cans I tested out. Anyway, I'm saving up the money to get the SR80i's, and I'll be buying them this weekend hopefully....
I guess I'm waiting to hear the report on the ATH A900X now, cause I wanna know what a normal person thinks about it. :) And for some cool looking used cans just for generic dubstep and electronic, the Amperior's aren't too bad are they?
So the ATH A900X is a good can you guys think? Because I have a few options now, which I am going to tirelessly toil on the interwebz to find which one is the best for me. 1.) $300-- Sennheiser MOMENTUM (took a listen to these cans in portland, they have an excellent warm sound to them which I love, and can get the kind of bass in some of the alternative electronic songs I listen to) 2.) $200-- K550 (never listened to these, but they were reccomended on this thread,...
See, what I heard was the ATH A900X had terrible bass, this coming from the 50+ flagship headphone thread. The reviewr really didn't like them..
I never thought I would go so low as to post my depressing headphone problem on an internet forum, but, well, apparently I've sunk that far. Hi-Fi depression I guess.   I'm looking for headphones $300 or less that has a fairly warm sound. I'm getting a good headphone amp for it, but I'll also be powering whatever I get with a Fiio E11 portable amp when I'm on the go, so it can't be super high impendence. I'm a little picky with my bass, because I've owned Beats for a...
Spotify has 320 kbps on the extreme setting on their mobile app. On the computer it only plays at 240 kbps or something unless you have premium.