or Connect

Posts by cskippy

There will always be "haters".  It's a choice to let them get to you.  If you truly believe in what you are doing, stick with it.  Some day the haters will sit on the sidelines saying to themselves,"How did they become so successful?"
Wow!  you guys are amazing and bring something that is more than just audio enjoyment.  You are actually helping people!  
I haven't heard these myself but Tyll from innerfidelity says these are excellent, especially for the price.   http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/very-well-balanced-noontec-zoro-ii-hd#P78vLkLPuBVIeggE.97   You can get them on Amazon in a few different colors.  They are on the ear headphones so I don't know if that's an issue.   http://www.amazon.com/Noontec-Headphone-Professional-Comfortable-Adjustable/dp/B00MWRR8OA
Not sure how many times it's been said but IMO, HD600 would be the most natural sounding headphone unmodded.  It does so little wrong.  Only thing lacking is sub bass and there is a little shoutiness from the 3k bump.  You can do A LOT worse with 3x the money of the HD600.
Gotcha, it's single ended so there are wires connecting to the other driver.  Try placing them over a kleenex box or something larger than your head to stretch them out when you aren't using them.
I'm not sure if the 598 are the same as the 600 and 650 but if the clamp is what's bothering you, you can extened the cups as far as they can go and grab either end of the spring steel and bend it a couple of times. Make sure you only grab the steel and not the plastic as not to break them. This saved me with the HD650 and they are now my most comfortable headphone.
Try and get a DAC with an optical SPDIF connection.  Motherboard optical to DAC.  That will provide the best galvanic isolation and eliminate the most noise.  I have an ASUS motherboard and the noise is unbearable if it can ground to any other component.
Contact Brian @ BTG Audio. He just made some gorgeous copper cables for my HE-6 and HD650. The quality and craftsmanship are top notch and the price, unlike some, is completely reasonable. I'll be getting a balanced silver cable for my U8 in a little while to use with my Liquid Carbon.
IMO, MAMs do an even better job of fixing the bass bloat on my U8.
Just received my MAMs.  I've been using the B1 module with my U8 and loved the change in bass quantity and clarity that they provide.  The MAMs fully open take this to another level!  I didn't mess around with the in between settings just went straight for fully open.  They sound phenominal!  The sound stage width and depth improved over the B1 and especially the S1 modules.  The sound is much more holographic and closer to full sized headphones.  Thank you 64 Audio and...