Posts by Ap616

Yeah, that's a headphone I would eventually want to try out but may be out of my price range. I probably wouldn't use it enough to justify the spending. Those and the HD558s seem like great headphones in my opinion as well as the HPH-200s I ordered; I have heard the Senns briefly a while back. A comparison between these three would be nice... Rational, not-spending, thinking is hard when you want something you know would be good haha! The enticement of this thread...
 Yeah, I didn't know about camelcamelcamel until your post(so thanks for the enlightenment) but I saw them for the 70 something $ a week or so ago... Then I checked again, after it had shot up to $150. Surprise surprise!  Also the Philips X1s shot up $60 around the same time.Anyways, that is a nice roller coaster ride of a graph, lol. I was like dang, but then ran across the other deal. Plus there was also a code for 10% off that worked through the 26th on the...
I'm pretty sure this is a good deal, don't know if anyone has posted... They are $200 MSRP, and they are around $150 on Amazon after going back up in price. Get you a pair!   http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Yamaha-HPH-200BL-Professional-Stereo-Headphones-sheet-music/19725303
 One last question, is the FXT90 bass on par with the MA750 or below it but north of the FXD80? I think I want to try the FXD80 because of the tone and brightness, but the size of the microdrivers might bother my ears just a bit. Let's hope not. I think I must have smaller or oddly-shaped ears canals though. Being an indecisive overthinker does not help... hahaI think I am going to go with the FXD80 anyway. I might try the FXT90 if they don't work though in the future....
Courtesy of Joe Bloggs' thread on the SHE3590.   And here's a FR graph I found for the CX 300
 That helped me further clarify I feel! I don't think the RHAs are quite what I want then with the details & veiling(they are $120 as well, comparing to the HA-FXT90), and the H-100 is a little too overpriced compared to the HA-FXD80 in my opinion. Also, I don't think I can justify paying the $190-210 for the DN-1000s at this time, especially since I am going to get a nice pair of Mid-Fi open over-the-ear headphones soon that are more than that.The FXD80 are about $75 now...
I figured it was too long a Q. My bad. I have a some factual knowledge, but little to no experience. That's the question for me, do I "want to" afford it and would something else suit me more for my personal preference of which I'm not entirely sure. What would be second and third to the Dunus for EDM or my described sound below(I tried to do what I could... lol)   I'm not 100% sure exactly. Hopefully I can describe it without sounding oxymoronic, lol.   I want a...
 I just recently switched to Sony Hybrids, which is what the eBay link from H20Fidelity was to I believe. They work well with the 3580/90s for me. A little change in sound notable to me, a little more controlled I think, but not much in my opinion(I don't have a good nor experienced listening ear for evaluating sound though lol). They are even more comfortable, but have a little shallower fit for me while still...
Thanks for the reply Joker! I know I have said it before, but I appreciate all your hard work; also, I always enjoy reading your well-put-together reviews and the organization with the number ratings. Such a great help to the community!   I agree that all iem's have their pros and cons, with give and take involved. Each being unique and good at some things(hopefully). I was wondering if they are any higher-end iems around $200 and below that remind you of the...
Hey Joker,   What would be a handful of iems that have a nearly identical sound signature to the Philips SHE-3580/90s up to $150 at different price points? With better detail and clarity, soundstage, separation, imaging, etc... I know it is V-shaped in general and this must seem like an odd question, but I was curious what you perceived as similar iems in all your extensive testing. Would iems such as the VSD1S, AM-800, AX-35, or HA-FXT90 be a super close sig but all...