Posts by xylin6

I'm intrigued by the output power of the MKII versus the original D-Zero,the MKII specs show it has (up to) 120mW+120mW at 16Ω with a gain of  +3/+9   the original D-Zero's output power was  (up to) 95mW+95mW into 32Ω and a gain of +3/+10   so according to the specs it seems like the original D-Zero was more powerful. I wish I knew what 120mW+120mW translated to for 32Ω instead of 16Ω since most of my headphones are 32Ω   my guess would be that 120mW+120mW into 16Ω...
did you ever have a favorite song growing up that you only discovered years later was not written by the band you thought but was actually a cover song ? i know it happened to me numerous times growing up and with multiple genres of music. here are just a few examples.   KISS - King Of The Night Time World (originally by Hollywood Stars and co authored by Kim Fowley) / Ace Frehley - Back In The New York Groove (originally by Hello) / Joan Jett - I Love Rock N Roll...
there is no option to delete a post on Head-Fi , just click the 'close listing' button and it will no longer show up as for sale in the thread.
Before they ruined it with True (an album that was anything but) Spandau Ballet were a genuinely innovative and exciting young band,an absolute force to be reckoned with. alongside Steve Strange of Visage the band were early pioneers of London's Blitz Kid/New Romantic night club scene juxtaposing their love for fashion and art hand in hand with their musical influences (an undoubtedly diverse lot) i.e. Frank Sinatra to Chic - Kraftwerk to Marc Bolan, Bowie to Roxy Music. ...
power pop punk rock n roll time machine set the controls for the heart of 1979/80
if you really want to test the bass impact and depth of your headphones try the track 'Riding The Void' by ATOM™ from his 2013 release HD ,specifically around the 4:30 mark to around 5:00, talk about a visceral experience!!! you should be able to not only hear yet also feel your headphones vibrate so that it resonates inside and outside your ear - hell your entire skull,and i don't mean as in a single bass note,drop or hit but a full on spatial field of sonic bliss buzzing...
Beyerdynamic DT 770 80Ω   purchased in 2012 these cans have been babied and have low hours for their age (between 300-350 hours ) they are in great condition (no scuffing or scratches anywhere and no wear on the headband) the pads are the only thing to show some use yet as you can see they are still in good shape and have many more years use and they are super comfortable. As this is my first Head Fi sale I am offering them for what i believe is a very reasonable price....
sobriety is never the answer  
  delete post please •¤
most recently any track off of David Bowie's 'Low',especially side two,and through my Grado PS500e's   tracks like 'Warszawa', Subterraneans', 'Some Are' and 'All Saints' just go to show how unflinchingly innovative and ahead of their time both Bowie and Eno were (and still are),plus with Tony Visconti at the controls the chemistry and  production quality is absolutely off the charts.it's pretty hard to believe that 'Low' came out over 35 years ago.   Nine Inch Nails...