Posts by xylin6

ladies and gents, The Damned!
RIP Kim Fowley. four of my favorite songs written and/or co written by KF
as mentioned by many other head fi-er's the clicking and/or pop sound you hear when you turn the unit on or off is normal for the MKII and the best suggestion is to turn the units volume to zero or make sure your headphones are unplugged before powering the unit on or off.I can hear some hiss on high gain yet its nearly inaudible,honestly something i really have to listen for  and even then it only occurs when the volume is near maximum output . I haven't had any issues...
Happy 68th Birthday David Bowie!
That is strange,i always make sure my unit is turned off (with the volume set to 0) when switching from (for example) my computer to my DAP. but when i first got it, on a couple occasions i forgot it was on and while i didn't hear a crackling sound i did hear a pop one time (from turning the unit on when my headphones were plugged into it and the volume was up pretty loud) and another time i heard a sound i would describe as just your typical connecting/ground sound but...
Do you mean you're having technical issues or that you aren't experiencing the sort of difference in over all sound quality you expected?
you simply plug it into Windows 7 via the usb port and from there it installs drivers and any updates it takes maybe 60 seconds then an iBasso audio option appears in the control panel and you simply enable that and switch it to dac on the front toggle (left side is for amp only center is off and right side is for dac/amp) its really easy to use and once enabled on your computer any speakers connected to your system will work through it. I don't believe you need to install...
 pretty much yes to everything,and the only reason i say 'pretty much' is because I haven't heard the Fiio X1 yet (something I hope to change soon) so I can't say how much it will improve the X1's on board sound. but the D-Zero  definitely can be used as an amp or dac or both and its as easy as toggling the switch on the front of the unit.i frequently use it with windows and for my computer to say the sound quality is improved is a vast understatement. in fact i was just...
I'm intrigued by the output power of the MKII versus the original D-Zero,the MKII specs show it has (up to) 120mW+120mW at 16Ω with a gain of  +3/+9   the original D-Zero's output power was  (up to) 95mW+95mW into 32Ω and a gain of +3/+10   so according to the specs it seems like the original D-Zero was more powerful. I wish I knew what 120mW+120mW translated to for 32Ω instead of 16Ω since most of my headphones are 32Ω   my guess would be that 120mW+120mW into 16Ω...
did you ever have a favorite song growing up that you only discovered years later was not written by the band you thought but was actually a cover song ? i know it happened to me numerous times growing up and with multiple genres of music. here are just a few examples.   KISS - King Of The Night Time World (originally by Hollywood Stars and co authored by Kim Fowley) / Ace Frehley - Back In The New York Groove (originally by Hello) / Joan Jett - I Love Rock N Roll...