or Connect

Posts by xylin6

just scratching the surface here,variety is indeed the spice of life.
some of my favorite records from Los Angeles' 'paisley underground' scene circa 1982-1984 from The 3'o'Clock,Rain Parade,Dream Syndicate and Opal
R.I.P. Prince... https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=34452  
my kingdom for a time machine...set the controls for the heart of 1981 .a very under rated power pop/ new wave band from Atlanta Georgia.
beginning to think Iggy may be immortal ,great performance here of the title track he did for the Repo Man soundtrack back in 1984
D. Boon (April 1, 1958 – December 22, 1985) would have been 58 today. crazy to think he has been dead now longer than he was alive,but that will be true of us all soon enough so for now...party with me punker!
Julian Cope Fried (Mercury/Polygram) 1984                             Dukes Of Stratosphear 25'o'Clock (Virgin Records) 1985 (XTC psychedelic side project) Marc Almond Vermin In Ermine (Some Bizzare) 1984                                                 The Undertones Positive Touch (Harvest/Ardeck) 1981
  One of my very favorite albums of any era,of any genre. I always wished that Dreamworks records had included his cover of the schoolhouse rock song 'Figure 8' on the U.S. release (after all it was the albums title) though it was only made available on the Japanese release of the album (which also included his cover of The Beatles song 'Because' which in the USA was released on the American Beauty soundtrack). a genuine talent and it's hard to believe he's been gone...