Posts by xylin6

in regards to the A17 vs the F800/F880 series I think the F800/880 have better soundstage and sub bass extension, though the difference is not massive and the A17 definitely has better midbass and overall better clarity than my F807 (especially noticeable using my Grado PS500e even plugged in directly without an amp/dac) speaking of which, it pairs quite nicely with the iBasso D-Zero MKII (an incredible and sleek amp/dac combo especially considering its price is only...
I noticed album art missing on more than a few folders on my A17 even though they showed up fine on my F807 which is where the files were copied from   So I opened them up in Mp3tag and sure enough the album art showed up in Mp3tag - at which point i realized it must be down to the A17 not accepting certain picture files that the F807 does.   After a bit of experimenting I found a solution which is to [using Mp3Tag] 1.) Copy Cover 2.)Remove Cover 3.) Paste...
Thanks for the heads up on that! Ive always prefered Sony's cases to the third party brands and i think that while it cost $20 more than the iGadgitz case it's worth it due to the fact that it appears to be a more snug fit, and the silicone looks more rugged, plus the design allows access to the microSD slot without having to remove the case and all four corners are covered for better protection.the iGadgitz case i have now came with my A17 when i purchased it used here on...
no problem,i am glad to hear they are available there. out of curiosity why is it you aren't a fan of silicone/rubber on your devices? is it a matter of aesthetics or are you concerned it could cause possible damage (i.e. scratches etc) to the player?
here in the United States a company called iGadgetz sells a nice little protective silicone case (which also includes a screen protector) through Amazon for only $5.49,  but as your Head-Fi profile shows you live in Germany i looked up the same cases on amazon.de and wasn't able to find any there ,  though i imagine some US seller would be willing to mail it to you overseas as long as you paid the postage (?).-or alternately maybe someone else nearer you sells silicone...
AccessoryJack out of Hong Kong sell the Hong Kong model (naturally) which has no volume cap and offers Polish and English in the languages menu.A friend of mine here in the United States ordered his A15 from them about four weeks ago,and received it in 8 business days. it's available in either black or silver.below are the links for both colors. and they have a FAQ if you have any questions about shipping costs or how long it takes to ship to your...
YKYAAW  the last pair of headphones you bought cost more than your first car....   in my case..... Feb 1996 -  Toyota Celica Supra GT (1981) cost $500 (purchased from my uncle who owned a towing business/junk yard and gave me a smokin' deal -this car was mint!) versus Sept 2014 Grado PS500e cost $595 (purchased new from ToddTheVinylJunkie/Grado)   personally i think both were well worth the money (more than in fact),,but had you told me in 1996 that in less...
I'm no audiophile nor do i aspire to be (too expensive and too many arguments based on individual perception with far too many variables in the mix) i simply know what sounds good to my ears and the dynamic normalizer does.it's all down to a matter of personal preference.over the years i've seen some back and forth on the subject but try not to get too caught up in it because what sounds good to my ears may not to yours and vice versa,the age old maxim YMMV has rarely been...
                                                                        "Odi et amo Quare id faciam Fortasse requiris  Nescio sed fieri Sentio et excrucior.."                                               [ I hate and I love. How do I do that, perhaps you ask? I don't know. But I feel it is happening and I am tormented ] Gaius Valerius Catullus                                                       Jóhann Jóhannsson ‎– Englabörn
the dynamic normalizer acts like a replay gain and i use it on all three of my Sony DAPS (E345,F807,A17) as well as my Sony D-NE330 mp3/cd player and have for nearly a decade now and listening to all kinds of Classic Rock,Metal,New Wave, Jazz, Classical,Punk,Thrash,Funk,Hip Hop etc etc I have never experienced any loss of detail nor any added distortion,clipping nor added effects whether during quiet passages or with the volume set near maximum capacity (which i generally...