Posts by luvdunhill

perhaps putting a CRC on board would help with this... along with clear instructions on how to "set the resistor" it would allow for lots of variance in mains voltage, transformers, etc.
up
up
up
sold
The maximum input voltage is usually 37V for most LM3X7 types, unless you shop around. As you suspected, the issue is not voltage drop, maximum input voltage which is just one of the design parameters for the device itself.   100C is too hot for me, and I suspect this number was thrown out as the devices used in the beta22 and sigma22 are especially rugged devices, and the designer was familiar with how hard to push them. I'd recommend 80C for a TO-220.   Your...
  It doesn't work that way. If the heatsinks were at half the max junction temperature, the device would be dead. For a TO-220 device, you want to be able to keep your finger on the heat sink for at least 3 seconds before having to pull away. This will be about Tj = 80C.
what about mounting a pair of chassis mount bridges and then build up a CRC that feeds into C1 (bypass D1-D4)? I think a little more capacitance might be nice to have and this would allow you to deal with your excess voltage. Grab a chassis mount resistor for the "R" as well. Even with doing that, you should consider the LM317HVT version in case something were to go wrong.
Michael:   Do you happen to have test results (RMAA, for example) on the MicPortPro? Is there any hope of going beyond 24/96? Do you perhaps have an evaluation unit that you send around? I'm interested in using it as a measurement mic pre for developing audio gear.
sold