or Connect

Posts by starblue

Echo it! I am listening to Audeze LCD XC with this amp and the combo sounds excellent!
Curious, what was the issue with your M1?
To be honest, Japanese companies are quite far behind when it comes to properly advertising their product or achievements. Just think Onkyo/Pioneer released XDP100/DP-X1 when for a while you couldn't find product description or manual in English. Its s shame really. My brother in law (Japanese) works in Hitachi and is doing some really cool stuff on Artificial Intelligence but feels it will all go to dogs as his company doesn't know how to sell it to earn from it...   I...
Perhaps Sony thought not worth stating the obvious..... It can be taken as insult in Japanese culture :)
Warm and in extremely good way!
I tested out a few headphones while burning in my amp. Here are some observations (all headphones except Pioneer SE M1 paired in balanced mode) - no surprise, Z1R pairs with this amp very well - Audeze LCD XC and LCD3 - ZH1ES drives both headphones quite easily. No loss of detail on LCD3 which is the darker of the two. Nice pairing with LCD XC as well. I find the bright a bit 'tamed'n compared to driving the same headphone from Audio GD NFB-27 which is more neutral  -...
 Quite frankly (just as AppleHeadMay said) I stopped comparing these two headphones long time back. Both of these are real beauties and are very fun and engaging headphones. If at all these two have made me appreciate the difference between dynamic and planer magnetic headphones. Also these two headphones (starting with Z1R) have restored my faith and respect in Japanese audio engineering. Doesn't mean I will retire others from my stable but I find these closer to my...
I have the advantage of being a n00b . Typically I can state my opinion explicitly and nobody comes after me LAN647 has a point that he listened to this headphone and is not bashing it purely on measurements. There are two ways I see this - this headphone aint his cup of tea. No issues with that. Everybody has their preferences. Doesnt mean the headphone is crap though. - the setup which he auditioned may not be optimal. I can vouch for this personally. When I first...
Thanks mate. Unforunately that cable doesnt work for me all my amps have a single 4 pin output. I think for now I will just stick with the stock unbalanced cable. Unless there is a clear aonic benefit no point in shelling out cash giventhe M1 sounds truly awesome with the stock unbalanced cable already.