or Connect

Posts by starblue

Just updated mine to latest version today and yes, the folder browsing option is there. I was always big in this so finally great to have it but truth be told, given the effort i spent on properly organizing my music (album/artist/genre etc etc) few months back (for proper loading in audiverna), i didnt really feel the need for it. But its there as an option now, so all good. And good to know that Onkyo listens to customers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can the stock cables be reterminated to 4 pin balanced XLR connector ? I am assuming stock cable for both headphones actually run 4 wires. They are just terminated to standard stereo jack. Otherwise it won't be possible for the stick cable to split out in to 2 wired per channel at Y splitter. Can someone please confirm if this is correct ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean by this. The USB output from your source device (which you use for data transfer) has enough juice to keep the player running, should you choose to keep the charge option on. I don't think you need anything extra or special for charging while listening.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Understood, thank you! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are supposed to look absolutely gorgeous (they really do!) and are supposed to be a big improvement over Denon AH D5000 and 7000 which Fostex produced for Denon. I have the D5000 and I often wondered why Denon/Fostex ever went for an improvement. OK, the TH900 has tighter bass but to my ears it's remarkably brighter in comparison. Also the pads are quite thin and put the drivers close enough to my ears to overwhelm them. This is not about bashing one brand or model...
Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right sub forum for my question so mods please feel free to move if necessary. My question is around harnessing the benefits of balanced circuit in amps if the headphone is unbalanced/has normal stereo jack. My gear Amps/players with balanced output - audio GD NFB 27, has balanced four pin XLR output socket - Pioneer XPA 700 with pioneer's 4 pin balanced output - Sony HA 3 with 2 separate single channel balanced outputs - Onkyo DP-X1...
Question - has anyone found a decent carrying case for this amp ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have used it with Audeze LCD3, Senn HD800 and Fostex TH900, and although I had to crank up the volume knob quite a bit for the first two, I didn't find the amp lacking power to my liking, can't say for others. Further, I am using these headphones via unbalanced stereo output, balanced might be completely different!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used no sonic enhancements coz that's how I like my music. But yes, It's true that the battery life was also judged with all sonic enhancement options turned off. I am really not sure if turning upsampling or other sonic enhancements on or off will have any significant impact on the battery life though.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk