Posts by ahunatu

Just looking at the XPT100/F-003 graph it's more of a traditional studio-monitor bass that is rolled off in the lowest range. There's also some weird peaks above the 10k+ freq. that may cause some fatigue. Also there's a unusually large dip at 7khz(I happen to think this is a very important (sweet) part of the treble makes it sound very lively and forward). Graph wise there are a lot of red flags for this headphone imo.  Edit: that being said I haven't heard them, and...
Only one kidney great deal...great deal keep em coming.  
Where are my deaaaaaaalzz!?
Gotta 2nd the JVC S500 but it is more bassier and v-shaped than what you're used to, very different from something like HD 201. To me it sounds balanced but I like a little more bass and the rise in the treble around 7khz is enough to balance the bass. Mids are lowered but doesn't sound like anything is missing. Very good forward sounding headphone you can turn up.
MEElectronics Air-Fi Matrix2 is very well reviewed headphone and on Tyll's wall of fame. Take a look at the reviews on innerfidelity and other sites. 
I think it's a purposeful design in many sennheisers that you can't just fix without doing an overhaul on the driver housing. You could try boosting the 7-8k frequency, I think that's pretty low in those headphones so it might have some effect. 
what about a cover...  
ok i gotta...  
There's no clear cut choice, all headphones are going to have drawbacks and advantages. Creative Aurvana-will sound better just based off the fact I never heard of that Audio-technica and the CAL! is recommended by pretty much everyone -will have a bigger more immersive sound being around ear rather than on ear-but it will leak more due to it's design than many other closed headphones only noticeable at high volume (personally I think this is an advantage, you don't want...
The TOM -Denon DA-10 / D7100 deal seems too good to be true but I guess it's possible that they have a large supply that they want to get rid of. I doubt many people spent 1000 dollars on that style of headphone. It's discouraging that they didn't include pictures of the headphone along with the DAC.