Posts by ray890

There's a MX985 listing on ebay for $150 that's from a top-rated seller, hmmm... http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sennheiser-MX-985-EarPhone-Alloy-Sculpted-Speaker-Engineered-Neodymium-Magnet-/261223930644?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cd228db14   Another person on here suggested that I should try a pair of MX985s on for myself before I buy to see how they fit.  I live in the Greater Toronto Area, so what store around there offers these earbuds so I can try them in person?   Also,...
-removed due to duplicate post-
  I'm Canada btw, and there are no results for Sennheiser MX 985 on the Amazon Canada website.  (while the USA Amazon site has 1 pair of these for uh.. $400?!) Oh and, with my previous earbuds Yuin PK2 (not using the foam pads), while they were in my ears I felt the need to have the earbuds pushed constantly in my ears in order to get proper bass (people say, and a frequency response graph shows that the PK2 lack bass reproduction and have quite a roll-off anyway tho),...
Both interesting suggestions.  I found the Sennheiser MX 985 and Hisoundaudio Living (which appears to be the Live with a different cable tip, I didn't see the Live) on ebay for around $150.  (if you guys recommend that I don't buy from ebay, tell me what website where the pair(s) can be bought at)   But now my concern is back to the fact that I have small ears.  How will either of those two fit on small ears like mine, and would it be problematic? (with or without the...
anyone else with a direct answer for me?
I've read more on the PPA-1 Pros, and I've seen people mention that its sound is "consumer-friendly/fun", "warm with a mild emphasis on bass", and "non-analytical".   As much as I want a pair with great sound, what I meant by neutral is for the sound signature is to also be accurate and not be really colored and masking of poor-recordings or boosted in bass.  I'll be using them to listen to high-bitrate music, but at the same time I may be occasionally be editing audio...
Hmm very interesting.  Is there anywhere I can find a frequency response graph for that model? Here's a measured frequency response graph of the Yuin PK2s (the model I got that is starting to die out):  http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=1093&scale=30 Also my main concern is how good would it be (fit-wise and sound) with my small ears?..  The Yuin PK2s already didn't have a great fit for me. Keep the responses commin'!
What's a good pair of earbuds that I can find (probably online) for less than $200 (preferably in the $70-$100 range)?   I'd like a pair that:   - is comfortable to wear - does NOT isolate (partly for 'openness') - doesn't really have an emphasis on bass or treble (aka. a "flat"/neutral response) - will sound good un-amped (even though there MIGHT be times I'll run through an amp/dac)   I'm thinking of MAYBE in the near-future replacing my YUIN PK2 earphones I...
I just got the D5s mainly for music listening myself.  I'm using them in an untreated (but not really reverberant) room, propped up near-ear level (I'm gonna build "DIY bookshelf speaker stands" soon)  I'm JUST using them with the on-board laptop's output connected to my mixer right now but I'm expecting my "Dac Destroyer" DAC to be delivered soon.  The sensitivity levels are set to the minimum setting (they're set at max by default)   These really make a huge...