Posts by RiStaR

Sorry to hear that man.. I didn't get the F bombs but it must have been frustrating on top of the issues you are dealing with. Wish I had done research on these guys before going through with it.I hope you don't ever receive a faulty product from them. As mentioned above. If the product works it's perfect. The thing is the fault didn't lie with them. The manufacturer had a faulty cable, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have after sales service.I'll encourage anyone to...
I agree with you. If nothing was wrong it'll have been a good experience. That's what separates the good from the bad, though. The ability to count on them when **** doesn't go according to plan. No one wants to receive a faulty one but when it occurs good sellers don't try to cheat folks. I've had good experiences with some sellers but I never try for full refunds. Usually partial refund to fix problems. Like in this case, I just requested for 5 usd for new connectors....
Wow. Wish I saw those reports earlier. I put in the gist of the conversation here. I just browsed through their feedback and they basically swore at another buyer. Anyways just don't buy from hot fi. Not worth your troubles.https://m.imgur.com/4U35LV9,RcONFr1,P3HfbzU
Not this one. He's laughing in his reply to me now because he got away with it. He intended to trick me and waited for the protection period to go out. I buy on AliExpress alot so not all of them are bad which is why I didn't think I would get tricked in resolution. Lesson learnt make sure you extend the protection period for disputes and don't give them the benefit of doubt.
What happened was the cable of the iem I received was faulty. The mmcx connection is dodgy so I lose sound every now and then. I applied for a partial dispute to buy replacement connectors but he said he would send me a replacement cable so I would cancel the dispute. From there he gave a tracking code to another buyer. I had to work with my local post office to find out that it was sent to another user which took more time and coverage ran out.Basically I should have...
Sharing another seller on AliExpress to avoid. Do not buy from Hotfi earphone and headphone. He gave a fake tracking code until the protection time had run out. Disappointing the way these guys operate.
 May not exactly be your point but I've found the 007s need to hit a certain volume to really be foot tapping. While on the Lambdas... I do think the SR-202s is THE value buy. It is wonderful in making music - I haven't found the newer models to better really. It hardly gets any head time nowadays but I'm just too unwilling to let it go especially with rock - some of my less music-inclined friends even think it sounds better than my 007s [it's likely to do with the volume,...
 Okay... I just wanted to address the tube vs ss generalization, that's all. :) For my Mk1... moving from the KGSSHV to the megatron, the big change for me was how holographic and involving the tube amp was, and that gain is offset by losing a bit of the bass "slam" that I got used to from the KGSSHV.  That said, it does sound like you have an issue somewhere. So I've never heard a Mk2 before, but based on what you're describing that's a strange response from the...
 I'd be careful with generalizations like that. Tubes (well designed and executed) don't automatically mean a warm sound. From my experience, the stuff that comes out of Kevin's schematics definitely don't steer that way.
 Pot calling the kettle black much? Funny, all I see is you proclaiming anything sold in that French forum as being the absolute best for Stax headphones - and you've admitted to only listening to a few Stax amps, Electra and the RKV. So you're still going to insist that the newly announced transformer box or amp is going to be the best and you haven't even heard them as well as a lot of other amps... More than anything I just hope no one else does their purchase decision...