Posts by RiStaR

May not exactly be your point but I've found the 007s need to hit a certain volume to really be foot tapping. While on the Lambdas... I do think the SR-202s is THE value buy. It is wonderful in making music - I haven't found the newer models to better really. It hardly gets any head time nowadays but I'm just too unwilling to let it go especially with rock - some of my less music-inclined friends even think it sounds better than my 007s [it's likely to do with the volume,...
 Okay... I just wanted to address the tube vs ss generalization, that's all. :) For my Mk1... moving from the KGSSHV to the megatron, the big change for me was how holographic and involving the tube amp was, and that gain is offset by losing a bit of the bass "slam" that I got used to from the KGSSHV.  That said, it does sound like you have an issue somewhere. So I've never heard a Mk2 before, but based on what you're describing that's a strange response from the...
 I'd be careful with generalizations like that. Tubes (well designed and executed) don't automatically mean a warm sound. From my experience, the stuff that comes out of Kevin's schematics definitely don't steer that way.
 Pot calling the kettle black much? Funny, all I see is you proclaiming anything sold in that French forum as being the absolute best for Stax headphones - and you've admitted to only listening to a few Stax amps, Electra and the RKV. So you're still going to insist that the newly announced transformer box or amp is going to be the best and you haven't even heard them as well as a lot of other amps... More than anything I just hope no one else does their purchase decision...
 It's been awhile since I heard the 507 or 009 (both on normal Stax amps), but I seem to recall fairly significant differences in sound stage. What music/files are you listening to? If you can't appreciate the difference I'm sure your wallet would be happy (and thankful!) :)
 I'm starting to get it wink (no pun intended )  I won't block him... I just won't respond... I'll just have to trust myself with that 
Ok I don't intend to get into a discussion with someone who isn't listening.   So far, you've just proven everything that I've said. You're doing things zealously and with a DMM and a microphone (have you seen the stuff arnaud models with a simulated head/listening test environment?). Really? Worse, the graphs which show how things perform are created by KG. For someone who loves to measure, you're also not even consistent with what you're doing.   So what are you...
 I guess you don't get the point I was trying to make on pro bono. Anyways I've said my piece. Carry on doing what you want to do. In terms of measurements... for amplifiers it's mainly to do with a scope... or something that lets you chart out freq response effectively. I don't think I've seen either of those from you. There's nothing wrong with not owning them (I can't afford to keep those handy), but I don't go round saying I've measured performance with my DMM...
 Well... look at it this way. If you think something is good you want it to do well. What do you think is happening with the way you're approaching this now? Don't you see that you're potentially harming RKV more than you're helping it? You're basically yelling at a group of folks who have owned Stax gear for so long and have gone through all the amplifier upgrades available (and KG has designed so many of them). You come yelling without any measurements but your ears and...
I think why everyone is tiring is because you're continually pushing RKV stuff... It's like you're working for them?