or Connect

Posts by MadMusicJunkie

I'm talking about the headphones: X2, not the amp.  Sorry for any confusion!  I was referencing a post a while back that I didn't realize that I should've quoted instead of replied. But, I'm sure the L2 would go great with almost anything.
Magaosi K3 vs FLC8s   I hate to say it, but the FLC8s is still noticeably better to my ears.  More crisp, all-around clarity; better 3D imaging.  Bass rumbles about the same.  Several times on: https://soundcloud.com/locirecords/the-crossroads-a-loci-records-mix-by-edamame I could hear the FLC's bringing out upper-lows and synths noticeably more clear.  I do think that the Mids are a little more pronounced than the FLC8's and more clear.  Of course, I'm not using the...
Update on K3.  Doing some A-B with these and the Legend Omega.  The clarity holds it's own on the K3, while adding more treble.  Then, I put the JVC Spiral Dots on while listening to some Vanilla: https://soundcloud.com/vanilla/curveball  and dang if the sound didn't just open up.  I get these now; my brain has adjusted.  Highly recommend the Spiral Dots with the K3's for added soundstage and resolution.
The Magaosi K3 triple-driver hybrids arrived at my door.  Shipping said signature required, and DHL came just as I was about to leave.  However, the guy just left it on my doorstep and walked away.... ?     Anyway, the packaging is solid and professional-looking.  I like the case a LOT, actually.  The cable is the very familiar-looking cable that it seems like I see a LOT with the Asian brands.  Looks just like the Kinera, AD01, and others.  But, it seems solid.  The...
My pick for under $50 would be the Kinera BA05 hybrid dual-driver.  Great bass, good resolution, tame but present highs, good soundstage... all with removable cables MMCX.  One of my favorite IEMs; for the sound, fun bass,all-day comfort, and only $20-$30.
I know, right?!   I actually was going to sell them.  I thought that I had the FLC8s, and I wouldn't use the A8's because I would just use the FLC.  I sold them, but as I boxed them up, I really had seller's remorse, and I cancelled the sale and kept them.  They have the best lows, with a good amount of exaggeration and clarity; making them super fun.  The Budget IEMs (that are actually really dang good) have the same kind of bass exaggeration, but the resolution on the...
Yep, the X2's are great, for sure.  I got the M50 AFTER the X2, thinking there was something to them.  I was surprised and sold them quickly.  The X2 is uber-comfortable, too!  Its little brother, the L2 mk II is very awesome as well.  Much more fun than the HD598; different.
It shouldn't be a problem with any of the two pin connections.  Proprietary ones that probably won't work:-CKS1100-AD01/M6Pro-FLC8s There's a rumor going around that the TF10 connector will work in the FLC8s, but I can tell you from firsthand experience that the connector is NOT the same, and the TF10 connector will stretch out the ports on the FLC.
I have always been most sub-bass, most LF, but I vary on the others.  I listen to primarily electronic.  I thought that the black was my favorite.  Then I thought the Gold was my favorite.  I was always too afraid to put in the Greens, as I thought it would be painful.  I just put them in and they aren't half as bad as I was afraid of!  Definitely lots of sparkle, but its not painful to me.  I'm not Treble sensitive though, so I could see this being too much for some....
congrats all for joining the bandwagon.  my vote for #1 value in headphones for 2016 (out of ones I purchased).   @paomde I don't have any DAC recommendations for you.  I have the FiiO E07K, Aune T1 mkII tube amp, and the Soundblaster E5.  All around, I probably get the most fun out of the Soundblaster, because the App has some great EQ'ing options.  But, as far as the Kinera are concerned, an amp is unnecessary.  The Kinera are fun to play with the EQ, though, as you can...