Posts by MadMusicJunkie

Anybody familiar with the F7200 and can compare them to the Heaven VI or COOK?
Yeah, I agree.  InEarz does a good job, too, from what I hear.  Jack was the original manufacturer, though, and I would expect to pay more with the manufacturer; although I'm not exactly sure why I expect that. However, Hidition's quote for reshelling seems really out of line to me.
I agree with you.  If you enjoyed the sound coming from them before you sent them in, then I would decline the repair and ask for your molds back.  If they cannot return your NT6's back in the same condition, minus the stuck pin, then they owe you a pair of headphones.  It is possible that they either: A. broke your headphones while trying to repair them and are trying to cover their tracks, or B. lost your headphones and are trying to cover their tracks.  I've been in the...
I don't see Senzer H1 headphones on Amazon.  I search Senzer H1 and I get some SE640 or something.... is that the same thing?
A8 vs K3   Brief blurb, as I'm up way past my bedtime because of working very late trying to catch up.  But, while I was working away at the computer, I was doing several hours of listening and going back and forth and then back again.   I keep coming back to the A8 and K3, and it took me quite a bit of listening to be able to verbalize a good comparison.  At times, I thought the K3 was may be better, but more times than that, I thought the A8 was better.  The bass on...
K3 vs A8:  Quick impressions as I A-B them.  (Cardas) A8 still has bigger, hard-hitting bass.  The mids on the A8 sound more lush as well.  The K3 may be better balanced, however.  Without question, the K3's have more clear and present high's.  The A8's are a little easier to drive, which makes sense since the K3 has a couple BA drivers, but the K3's are still driveable from a smartphone.
I think the K3 doesn't need EQ'ing either.  However, I think this is subjective, and some may think that the highs are a smidge too bright.  I say that because some think the highs on the AKG K3003 are too bright with the reference filter, but I didn't think so myself.
Sorry for the delay in response.  I was waiting for these to "burn in" a little more.  I really wasn't a believer in "burn-in" prior to owning these headphones, but now I'm really confused.  When I first put them in, the highs were really, really sharp and at times, uncomfortable.  However, now they're present and sometimes really mild.  So, I've undergone a little bit of a paradigm shift with regards to the whole burn-in 'myth/fact'. Anyways, I would say these are still a...
I'm talking about the headphones: X2, not the amp.  Sorry for any confusion!  I was referencing a post a while back that I didn't realize that I should've quoted instead of replied. But, I'm sure the L2 would go great with almost anything.
Magaosi K3 vs FLC8s   I hate to say it, but the FLC8s is still noticeably better to my ears.  More crisp, all-around clarity; better 3D imaging.  Bass rumbles about the same.  Several times on: https://soundcloud.com/locirecords/the-crossroads-a-loci-records-mix-by-edamame I could hear the FLC's bringing out upper-lows and synths noticeably more clear.  I do think that the Mids are a little more pronounced than the FLC8's and more clear.  Of course, I'm not using the...