Posts by ethan7000

Does anyone have an HE400 they would like trade for a Project Starlight tube amp + cash? If so, please PM me, thanks
Looking to trade for a latest revision HE400. I'll trade the Starlight plus cash for one.
Don't be afraid of EQ. Level or boost so that the frequencies under 60Hz are emphasized more, then try that track again. You will find your rumble, the drivers are very capable. They can do more rumble, they were just voiced to be balanced. I like to use EQ on EDM, flat on most other genres. This way the phones are more versatile.
It's been tried, pc players dominated console players because of the mouse/kb.
I had the DT880 for gaming. I sold it for the X1, which I would recommend over the Beyers for that purpose. The 400i has a smaller soundstage comparatively which makes finding enemies more difficult. It would be my last choice of the three for gaming, but first of the three for music.
Then you're listening to the wrong stuff I'm also calling anything up to 60 Hz sub bass for my purposes.
Yes I was just comparing sub bass. EDM is full of it, all depends on your genres. I also like jazz with upright bass - hits the low tones frequently.
I'm not sure I understand Billheiser's review with regard to bass. I owned the HD580 (you probably know it's connection to the HD600) for over 10 years, then the HE400, HE500, HE400i. I tried boosting sub bass on each set with these results: HD580: Technically unable to reproduce lowest tones. Sub bass was more or less non-existent in many tracks.HE400i: Drivers are more technically capable (with regard to sub bass) than HD580. Sub bass is present, but not very well...
Purchased less than a year ago and works perfectly. Include Jerg Pads and original cable, box, manual. No scratches, R and L markings are completely in tact / have not rubbed off at all.   I will pick up PayPal fees and shipping via USPS. Continental U.S. only.
Famous last words