or Connect

Posts by lljayll

For those in Canada:   http://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417162281&sr=8-1&keywords=hd598   HD598 for 114 CAD.
Damn. Too good to pass up. Thanks.
The only time that's ever happened to me was when I used a wet cloth to clean my T90s. One channel became quiet. It slowly started to get better after a few hours. The next day it was back to normal. Did you use a wet cloth? 
Looking for a schiit gungnir. Please note I'm from Canada. PM me if you have one that you would like to part with.
 That's the video! Thanks for sharing it.
 There was a very interesting video a while back where Dr. Fang explains planar magnetic headphones and why the HE-6 is so inefficient. He says that the thinner the diaphragm, the better the sound quality. The drawback however is that the headphone will be harder to drive meaning they will need more powerful magnets and more power. I'll see if I can find the video. This also explains why the HE-6 technically should be superior to the HE-560 since the HE-6 uses double sided...
She's my niece. Thanks.  
Yes that was a poor choice of words on my part. That is the perfect way to describe the two amps. The valhalla actually does sound like a solid state amp.
I have no idea why this amp isn't talked about more. Schiit did an amazing job with this thing. Better than the bottlehead crack with speedball in my opinion. It also costs less. I just got it and so far it is better than expected.
I've gone through a few integrated amps. A Sony TA-400, NAD C325BEE, and a  Marantz PM6005.  In my opinion they aren't optimized for headphone use. It could be different for other integrated amps but this is my observation from the ones I've heard.