or Connect

Posts by robrob

Chris, Guido was asking if the ground lift switch affected how he would interface his headphones to his amp and in this context "The ground lift switch doesn't have anything to do with the speaker common ground" is a plain and understandable answer. Yes, we all know the ground lift switch affects all amplifier internal grounds.
Simply measure for continuity between the amp's black negative terminals (with the amp unplugged). If you get a continuity beep from your multimeter you have a common ground (single ended output).
The ground lift switch doesn't have anything to do with the speaker common ground.
I haven't tried it on Linux but many have with no issues. Only the Windows driver had problems.
I don't believe any of the Linux distributions ever had any problems to begin with so you should be golden.
I tried to use my UDH01 with the Windows 10 Preview but I couldn't get the newest drivers to work. Anyone have success?
Does the Gungnir have USB and if so what version?
The problem is the loss of wallet weight for that placebo. If you knew in advance your money wouldn't get you any sound improvement you could skip the whole exercise and just enjoy what you have.
During the blind test have your assistant place the phones over your head from behind and do enough repetitions to make the results meaningful. I would suggest at least 10 tries and guess correct > 75% because random chance will get you to 50%. If true double blind tests were required for all new audio gear claims the industry would collapse.
 Steve, you may not be aware of this but other people will read my post.