or Connect

Posts by sq3rjick

Different strokes for different folks.  K10 is still the best thing that I own, and among the best that I've heard (I give a slight preference for the 64Audio A12).  I definitely don't feel like it's overrated or overhyped (I do content that it may be a bit overpriced, but it's priced at what the market will bear).  But I'll also trust my own ears over some 3rd hand review.  I've heard literally hundreds of IEMs and CIEMs (and also designed and built several of my own,...
Hmm, that looks interesting. Adding a single dynamic driver to make it a hybrid may be cool. The CI driver would definitely add a bass thump, as well. Another tweeter could help with high end extension. I wonder which driver they use for the dual (another TWFK?). And the triple driver addition -- is that essentially another set of the driver package the 535 already has?
 I can second this.  K10 + DP-X1 in balanced is simply fantastic.  The detail level is very engaging and the combination is is definitely cohesive.
 My K10s have completely replaced and supplanted my full size cans.  Sound quality is utterly fantastic, and it's so easy to just get lost in the music.  Since I first got my K10s 2+ years ago I haven't looked back.  I've listened to other equipment, and even bought other equipment, but at the end of the day it's the K10 that gets put in my bag every morning. If anything, I love them even more today than when I first got them.  It's not often that that happens.
Well, looks like more reviews are coming in. In addition to the Android Central review, The Verge posted one this morning. http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/27/11516858/onkyo-dp-x1-high-res-audio-player-specs-release-date-price Although the comments section there is stupid. People getting into a fight about having a higher resolution screen (unnecessary, IMO), and an argument over Bluetooth (wondering why the DP-X1 doesn't support Bluetooth when in fact it does). If...
 1. The DP-X1 runs a fairly stock Android experience, so you can download one of the many alternative launchers if you desire.  I run Nova Launcher Prime on mine, for example, as that's what I use on my phone.  It lets you have down to 1 homescreen or up to as many as your device will support.  I've had 16 at one point when I was seeing how many I could put on it (I usually have 2 pages, myself).  It also lets you get rid of the omni-present Google search bar, if you don't...
If your headphone cable is 4 separate strands to the jack (for example, the braided Noble cables are all 4-strand-braided to the 3.5mm TRS jack), you can lop off the connector and solder on a new 4-pole 2.5mm TRRS jack.  If the cable combines both ground cables in the cable Y and the cable is 3-wire from the Y junction to the jack, you won't be able to do that.  You need to make sure you have 4 distinct wires going from the headphones to the jack.  If you have a shared...
Agreed.  But the original person asked about a 2.5mm TRRS jack to a 3.5mm TRS (SE) jack, so I assumed that the cable was SE.  Absolutely no issues if you have a 1:1 pinout swap and are going from balanced TRRS to balanced TRRS, but just changing plug diameter. But I'm just a lowly Computer Engineer (with a focus on software  )
It is fairly easy. Turn off the DP-X1. Wipe down the player glass screen with the included alcohol wipe. This gets rid of grease / fingerprints / dust.The tempered glass has two sides -- one is sticky and is covered by the protective plastic. The other is just the glass. Peel off the plastic to reveal the sticky side.Holding the protector by the edges, gently place the sticky side down on the DP-X1 screen. It is easiest to start on the smaller edge and to start at a...
You could also short the grounds together, or short the positive leads, or any such mismatch. That is bad. You simply cannot run from the L+/L- and R+/R- to L/R/Gnd. Left and right sides need to be kept separate.You can run a balanced wire into SE port. But you cannot and should not run a single-ended / shared ground cable into a balanced port. That is asking for trouble. In this case, Onkyo probably does have a protection circuit in place, but in general I wouldn't count...