or Connect

Posts by sq3rjick

Rooting is easy. I posted detailed instructions earlier in the thread, if you want to try it. My DP-X1 has been running just fine rooted for weeks.
What? I rooted the DP-X1 weeks ago and posted the detailed instructions for how to do it earlier in the thread...
PM Sent.
I just spent some time looking into the data sheets of the ES9018K2M Sabre DAC found in this device.  From what I can tell, it should support native DSD as well as sample rates of 44.1, 88.2, etc.  I don't know why there'd have to be a software conversion of the DSD to PCM, or why we'd have to resample to a multiple of 48k, unless there's some upstream limitation that I'm overlooking.  As long as the chip is wired up appropriately, we may *theoretically* be able to get...
While theoretically you could, there are a lot of hassles and roadblocks in the way. 1) The battery isn't easily accessible.  There is no battery compartment, battery door, or screws to take the device apart.  You'd have to heat the screen (carefully) to melt the glue and very carefully lift the screen and separate it from the body. 2) We don't know the specifics about the actual battery.  It's probably something that you can get from an OEM, but it may be a custom-built...
 Yes.  AFAIK the DP-X1 doesn't have any dedicated hardware to decode DSD.  So, it uses a software conversion when you play through the analog outputs and coverts to 24/192k.  It can output the DSD bitstream over USB at its native rate to a dedicated external DSD device. So, the DP-X1 supports native DSD over USB with a dedicated DSD device (acting as a transport only).  But it can still play DSD files on the device, it just converts them to PCM in software before playback.
 On the Mac I have had great success with XLD. ( http://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html ) You can set the output directory to be the same as the input directory or change it to another directory in the settings.  Then you just drag and drop the folder you wish to convert into the interface and it will go on its way, using multiple cores if you have them to process in parallel.  I use it for converting ALAC to FLAC for my portal devices and for converting my FLAC to ALAC to...
Looks like Samsung has announced its 256gb MicroSD card.  Should cause the 200gb cards to decrease in price.  I'm personally waiting for the 512gb cards to come out so we see price decreases on the 256gb cards.   http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-has-a-256-GB-microSD-card-and-will-sell-it-to-you-for-249_id80947
I own both. The K10 is superior in pretty much every way, and I frequently wear them (custom fit) for 8+ hours a day every workday.The custom fit means you don't have the outward expansion pressure on your ear canals that you have with universals.There are three reasons to go with the 846 over the K10: 846s have better isolation; the 846s have changeable filters so you can adjust your sound signature (although I stick with the blues); and, as a universal, they have a...
I believe that the DSD is converted in software to PCM @ 192kHz before it is sent to the DAC.  I do not believe the DP-X1 has hardware-native DSD support.