or Connect

Posts by sq3rjick

Just thought I'd post some pictures of the tour ARIA and my review comparison spread.     Universal ARIA:   Review Spread (From left to right: Vibro Labs ARIA Universal, Shure SE846, Noble 6 Universal, Noble K10 Custom Wizard design)       Review should be posted in a week or two.  I am waiting on my custom ARIA before posting final reviews.
Same here. Moon Audio Silver Dragon balanced, several copper balanced and SE cables (both commercial and ones I have made), Noble stock cable, a silver cable that I made -- none of these made much difference in sound for me. Biggest change was from going from SE to balanced. Type of cable otherwise had almost no perceptible change.
Same here. Moon Audio Silver Dragon balanced, several copper balanced and SE cables (both commercial and ones I have made), Noble stock cable, a silver cable that I made -- none of these made much difference in sound for me. Biggest change was from going from SE to balanced. Type of cable otherwise had almost no perceptible change.
The tour started with me and is currently with @Talai. I will have some impressions, comparisons, and pictures in a bit.
The two pins aren't "bass and treble nodes". One pin is the active signal, and the other is ground. Generally, the pin towards the back is signal, and the pin towards the front is ground. On the cable, the color / dot / letter usually is on the side of the active pin, which generally would mean that the dot should go backwards. However, humans can't actually tell the difference in absolute phase in audio. Our brains just can't do it. So, as long as the pins are both...
And considering you can get brand new in box with full 2 year warranty from several authorized retailers for $750 or lower, that really isn't a great deal.
 Send me a PM and I can help you troubleshoot. I don't want to clutter this thread with the debugging help.
 Power button + previous track takes you to the bootloader. This is where you do the flashing.  Power button + next track takes you to whatever recovery you currently have installed. FWIW, the flash .bat script both flashes the recovery image AND tells the device to reboot to the recovery partition.  The point of that is you can boot to a device image that you haven't already flashed to test it before committing to it.  But in this case, "power + next" from the off state...
You may certainly be right. I have installed V4A without flashing the XVortex files, but I do have a custom recovery installed and it may be easiest if you do flash the vortex files from the tarp he provided. In that case, you would need the files.
So, I haven't seen any updates come out since I rooted, so I don't know the answer.  There are several options: 1) The update checks for root, and refuses to install if you are rooted. 2) The update installs just fine, and leaves your root intact. 3) The update installs, but you lose your root. If it refuses to install with root installed, you should be able to remove root, update, and then reroot.  If you lose root during the update, you should be able to reroot.  If you...