Posts by H60Ninja

Yes most likely as its closed not open though I have no experience with A700,A900 ATH line just the AD line.
I have the ad700's but have listened to the ad900x, vocals are really awesome with them,bass a bit lacking for some but its there so my vote goes for them.
So thanks for the help guys and I will be a proud owner of the Q701's soon. Looking forward to them! 
Hello guys I was wondering if the headphone amp on the sound blaster z would be enough to drive the q701? I would love to get them but my budget wont let me get a amp if the sound blaster z is not enough. I found the sound blaster z has  3.5mm gold plated headphone jack driven by the 600 Ohm Maxim MAX97220 amp for its amp. Thanks for any and all help.
Hmm? I'll take a look at them, thanks.
Well they are about the same price but Im just scared of getting the q701's and not be able to use them properly and just sit there till I get a amp for them.
I have read that to get full potential of the akg q701 a good headphone amp is recommended. I only have a $250 budget for this upgrade and would not be able to get a headphone amp right away so would my sound blaster z be powerfull enough to drive the akg's or would the HD598's be easier to drive? I have looked up the specs for the sound blaster z and it says  3.5mm gold plated headphone jack driven by the 600 Ohm Maxim MAX97220 amp So no using line out for the...