Posts by Feilong4

Updated with specs copied and pasted from the site.
Update: I bought the Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 as I got for quite a steal imported on ebay.    I've been using them a lot from school to everywhere for about two weeks now.     First, the aluminum or metal housings seem to catch static which isn't a deal breaker but I thought I should mention it.   My unit had a weird glue or some adhesive above the right nozzle which doesn't affect the sound or whatnot but I thought I should mention that as well.   I really like...
I got a newsletter from Grado via email concerning their new IEMs and wanted to share it.    They've also listed them on their website here.         $399 GR10e: Driver: Moving Armature  Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini-plug  Frequency Response: 20 -20,000 Hz  Sensitivity: 116dB/1mW  Impedance: 32 ohms  Max Input Power: 20mW  Cable: 51"/130cm  Weight: 9 grams    __________________________     $299 GR8e:  Driver: Moving Armature  Connector: 3.5mm stereo...
Do those isolate extremely well? By extremely well, I mean 'Etymotic triple flange' well.
Does anyone know the isolation on the IM03 compared to the CKR10? I have the CKR10 and the isolation is pretty bad coming from an etymotic.
How is the isolation compared to the ATH-IM03? I have the CKR10 but I am thinking of returning them for the IM03 if the isolation is much better as I am commuting on a loud bus.   I also came from Etymotics so the change in isolation really bothered me.   If there are any tips that would improve isolation, please help recommend some to me.   Thanks!
Thanks for helping pointing me in a direction!  I don't have a problem with the Andes but reading raving reviews of "higher-end" Amps/DACs, I thought it would be a significant difference in my listening experience.  I will probably upgrade my headphones in the near future depending on how the R70X or the M70X turned out. Audio Technica has been quite reliable on for me in terms of sound and construction so I'm not exactly looking at any other brands.  As of the moment, I...
I am looking at the IM03 and am wondering if they're right for me, as I will not be able to try them out nearby.   My playlist consists of J-Pop, J-Rock, pop, and hip-hop.   Example pieces include:   - Aimer - Starringchild - ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D - Complication (Still Struggle) - Lady Gaga - Paparazzi - Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On   I like a bit of warmth on the bass such as the bass on the ESW9A.    I like my midranges a bit forward (ESW9A) but will not come...
I haven't bought an IEM yet, but I am planning on getting the Audio Technica ATH-IM03 since of the 2 cans I've owned from Audio Technica, I loved them both (ESW9A and M50S). Just saving up for a pair and reading reviews which there isn't many of. The Z3V is alright. I'm not a heavy user but with music continually playing for 8 hours straight and the screen about half brightness, I get about 85-90% left from 100%. One noteworthy thing is that I can hear hissing/static when...
I was thinking of getting the IM03. Can you say what you didn't like about the IM03 (the build, sound, etc.)?