Posts by Whil

Something about introducing a tertiary condition...   Anyways, good call on the power supply having an opposite-of-normal polarity!  And I put a 580uf capacitor in the c1 position (220uf in the other positions) and it works like a charm (Save one of my mosfets not working :P haha.  So close to operational :P.)   Next up, I'm going to introduce the 48V DP relay and get the delay circuit working with some LED's in there as well...   Thanks! Pics to come!
Do C1 and C6 have to be the same?  I have one 500uf cap left.  C6 is 220uf.  I could replace the C1 with the 500uf.  And yes, the power supply was opposite of what I thought it was.  Good call & Thanks!
I finally got everything together in my SS Amp, and much to my chagrin... it did not work. I can plug everything in and I hear a *click click click* at about 2 times / second. If I turn the volume all the way up I can hear the music faintly in the background immediately preceding the click. I think this is all related to my C1 popping. For what ever reason my C1 popped, I'm not sure why that happened, I figured I may have damaged the capacitor at some point, so I...
Thanks Holland,    I think I've gotten this down but let me make sure I'm clear, and not doing something stupid.   I'd put the modified e12 into the circuit (http://www.diyforums.org/MAX/MAXe12.php) with the power to the relay coming in across DM2 on the contact pins for the relay, while the L&R output from the amp (to the head phones) is coming in on the respective relay pins which get closed to the headphone jack when the relay closes?    Second clarification,...
Hello All,    I've been getting into the audiophile ways for a while now, and have decided to tinker my way into the DIY realm.     Thus I'm going to go for the SSHA build.  However I'm looking to add in a bit of protection for the headphones.  I've seen multiple posts on this, and I'm unaware of what the general consensus was.     Thus I have a couple questions that I'd love some input on.       First is the headphone delay worth putting in?  Lets say I...