Posts by ScroogeMcDuck

So I guess the RX-802 is not worth the money?I found something else: A pioneer SX-750 taking bids, the highest bid currently is 40 euros and the seller says the lights don't work and the amp has a slight buzz in the sound.Would that be fixable?
I found the RX-802 for 60 euros. Does the RX-802 come close to RX-803? What are the differences?
Okay I found a couple "rotels"RX-402 for 50 eurosRX-602 bids, no one has bid yetRX-402 for 100 eurosRA-713 for 75 eurosRX 402 for 100 eurosLet me know which one
Well here in the Netherlands there aren't many second to top of the line vintage amps for sale. Lots of Marantz 2216, Pioneer SX-450, Marantz 2226 and of course a couple SX-535.What's so special about rotel?
Yes it would be fully recapped and cleaned by an expert.
So my post got buried, so I'm asking again: I can get a fully repaired/restored SX-535 for 170 euros total. The SX-535 itself cost 60 euros. Is the amp and the repair worth the money? Am I spending too much on repairs for an amp that might not be worth the repair?
So I can get a fully repaired/restored SX-535 for 170 euros total. The SX-535 itself cost 60 euros. What does head-fi think? Am I spending too much on repairs for an amp that might not be worth the repair?
Just curious, generally speaking are vintage amps' lifespan more affected by use or just time? I think I the Denon pma-320 is quite old, maybe 20 years old or something.
So are these amps any good? I heard a guy say he liked a 99 dollar vintage amp alot with his Maddog.
I heard vintage amps paired really well with the Maddogs and I have a couple laying around here and I'm not sure if they're any good? AKAI AM 2200 Denon PMA-320