Posts by perhapss

This one is for Bigshot!     Peace!  
 "Divisive thoughts" are misguided propaganda lies !!!!The "perverse" part I won't say anything..... Enjoy! PS: You got my attention (respectively) because your a member since 2007 yet only 131 posts. 
An issue I have with Dvorak interpretations by Karajan and Celibidache (among other, especially non-Czech interpretations) is a tendency to be overly heavy handed and solemn with Dvorak"s music. Dvorak makes great use of subtle and playful material often rooted in folk music. This intent/attitude and especially phrasing is often obscured by the heavy handedness of many conductors.   Go to the Czech performers (Czech Philharmonic, for example) to hear what I'm talking...
  Despite not favoring his recordings I admire Mr. C for having an individual and distinct approach.I wish I could have seen/heard him perform live in person. A powerful experience by most accounts.
      vs.          
    In the context of the long line of this thread.   LONG line.
 "complexity of the piece."??? "concious about the things happening in all that complexity."???  The only interpretation I can find for this explanation is that either: A. He thinks the listener can't digest music at the composers' indicated tempos( or the quicker tempos that nearly every other conductor than him chose). OR: B. The indicated tempos are too fast for him to handle.  I for one don't need to be spoon fed and I think he probably was probably too competent for...
Speaking of opinions,   I've often wondered if Celibidache's tendency toward the "slow" side of interpretive things may have to do with the close proximity to the Hofbräuhaus his orchestra enjoyed during his tenure in Munich.
  Everyone's entitled to they're opinion I suppose. Hopefully opinions won't limit one's potential for understanding.Or something .
  Celibidache's Dvorak 9 one of the "Best classical recordings...ever!" ?