or Connect

Posts by perhapss

This is TOTALLY the best thread on this filthy site IMO!!!!!!         .
I disagree. We are talking about the hd600.My opinion is it pairs exceptionally well with good quality SS of proper power with a good DAC. Tubes YMMV. Regarding "word wars" well one man`s war is another man`s logic I suppose.Trying to export opinions that contradict your opinion to another thread may suit you just fine but other folks not so much IMO. The second part of your post is completely the opposite of my experience so all I can say is that I perceive the slight...
 Will wait and look forward to.......
    True Bestness.
 If only going into something it was so clear.... Edit: were, maybe, could be, will be etc.....
 Me too!
  Good points! But you left out the design factor.All the great parts crudely integrated can be awful.
 "Denouncing tubes for "colouring the sound" is just as thoughtlessly pedantic."I didn`t say that but that`s fine.   My point is many people prefer solid state for consistency, reliability and clean power. And those who buy the premise that " A high end tube amp would definitely be more resolving than, let's say, a cheap solid state. " are being misled. There are many factors regarding why someone may prefer one amp to another. but clean, adequate power and a great...
 Doubtful indeed. A properly designed/powered amp and good DAC will "resolve" just fine.Solid state or last century`s technology.... 
 I hope that`s not "you" in your avatar!