Posts by perhapss

Biber was one of the premier violinists of his day and is probably best known for his writing for that instrument(his "mystery sonatas" in particular).His wonderful writing certainly wasn't restricted to the violin however.His music is often inventive and creative and quite powerful at times IMO.
  Here's an interesting sample:   Check out the Ives like dissonance about 1:50 into this.
    I know this is the 3rd time I've posted this but because someone cares here about Takemitsu I'll mention again.
 Your quick man.Obviously you're priorities are straight ....
 Both "November Steps" and this recording I mentioned here are Ozawa's best recordings too IMO.Awesome.
Dig it  
  Redundant but....
 I personally believe "new toy mentality" (whatever that is exactly I'm not sure but....) exists in music consumption.Especially with recorded music.I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing though. I do think the test of time is  relevant when considering "best ever" lists regarding art too.I can certainly say that much music I've heard in my life,which impressed me at the time, turned out  in restrospect to be quite (laughingly at times)  inferior to other music to...
Awesome, can't wait....