Posts by senorx12562

This was my first im with him:     Thanks for chatting with us! Here's a record of what we talked about   Chat started on 30 May 2013, 06:19 PM (06:19:32) *** Visitor 82588038 joined the chat ***(06:19:33) Visitor 82588038: My name is Kurt Hertel. I sent you my impressions and a pair of Westone UM2s, and wanted to know if my impression appear OK, and when they might be finished. Thank you.(06:19:38) *** Rob...
Everyone I know who has a BT they use on a m/c uses them with in-helmet speakers, which I've tried without success because the ambient noise makes it impossible to hear the music at any reasonable volume. Incidentally, the SQ of the speakers sucks anyway. Are there BT options that allow one to listen to music with reasonable fidelity (i.e. with iems) and still use the intercom functions? I assume that BT also requires a BT capable source? Forgive my ignorance.
I've also recently (and for the first time) started wearing a modular helmet, which allows you to spread apart the cheek pads of the helmet if you leave the front up when putting the helmet on, allowing much more adjustment of the position of the phones and cables w/ respect to your ears and the helmet.  
I sent my UM2s to these guys for a reshell. They received my phones and impressions on 5/25, and on 6/13   Thanks for chatting with us! Here's a record of what we talked about   Chat started on 13 Jun 2013, 03:28 PM (03:28:22) *** Visitor 82588038 joined...
With Shure 215s and Westone UM2s and UM3Xs, I've always gotten the best seal and isolation with triple flange tips, but acceptable seal and better comfort with long Comply tips. I also have a set of custom silicone molds that fit on the same phones (with the center tubes from some used Comply tips to increase the diameter of the tubes) but they end up falling off the phones and on the ground too often, and the improvements in seal/comfort over either the triple flanges...
Hello, Head-fiers! I've visited before, usually as a result of a google search on a product I was interested in or already owned. Although I've had numerous different pairs of over-ear headphones since the early 70's, (I'm 52) my current interest is mostly in iems. Although not really an audiophile in the sense of spending a bunch of cash on audio equipment, (because I don't have it) music is one of the most important things in my life. The better it sounds, the more I...