Posts by senorx12562

Received my reshells and although I'm thrilled with both the SQ and the comfort in any other context, under a motorcycle helmet they hurt after a half hour. They fit great, I think the problem is with the material, which is a hard acrylic. For me at least, for use under a helmet either silicone ciems, or maybe the Westones that are an acrylic shell with a softer nylon end is the way to go. I'm really enjoying the improved SQ and the comfort off the bike though.
After a couple of days of listening, my right earphone cutout completely, so I reached up to remove it from my ear and the cable had come unplugged. When I attempted to plug it back in, I discovered that one of the pins had broken off about 2-3 mm from the plug, and the remainder was lodged in the receptacle, thus preventing me from plugging in even a new cable. I immediately emailed Rob. While waiting for a reply, I was finally able to extract the remaining pin from the...
Rob, is that you?
Although I'm still using them and trying to get used to them, I thing I'm gonna have a comfort issue with mine. I don't think its a fit issue either. I think it's just the fact that I'm unused to having something as hard and unyielding as acrylic in my ear canals, especially with the inward pressure exerted upon them by my motorcycle helmet. If true, its a real shame, because the SQ is noticeably better than the UM2s were before the reshelling. Soundstage is improved,...
I finally received my reshelled UM2s today. In Ear Customs has had them since 5/25, so it was exactly 60 days. I will post pix and my impressions of their sound/comfort once I've had a chance to spend some time with them. My initial impressions are good though.  
Well, I finally became so fed up with the lack of communication that I sent the following email:   To whom it may concern: My name is Kurt Hertel, and my order number is above. My order was placed (and you've had my $ since)5/08/13. You have had my Westone UM2s and my impressions since 5/25/13. I have twice requested information regarding my order, and I am very dissatisfied with the responses (or lack thereof) that I've received. All I seem to be able to get from...
Maybe all the problems reported here will have a salutary effect on their turnaround time and product quality by drastically slowing down the influx of new work? Travis, it sounds like the quality issues with your shells are a result of them being rushed; they sound kind of unfinished.
Thanks for your response. Looks like yours is all I'm gonna get.
Thanks for your response. Looks like yours is all I'm gonna get.  
I can certainly tell the difference between my UM2s and my UM3Xs, even on the bike at 60mph. Whether that difference is worth the difference in price whether on or off the bike, the very existence of this website tells me that there are many people for whom the answer is clearly yes. The better the 'phones isolation from ambient noise, the more likely one is to be able to perceive differences in sound quality.