or Connect

Posts by senorx12562

The dac in the fiio might actually be better than that in the Yamaha, don't know but it wouldn't surprise me. You might be surprised at how much better a more modern dac solution might sound. Then again, maybe not. Maybe someone else on this thread can tell you whether those record outs are line-level. Anyone? Good luck mate, congrats on the amp. Love mine.
Avec plaisir, mon frere.
The fact that this is a home theatre receiver complicates that for me, i've never used one as a pre. It doesn't have a dedicated pre-out though. I imagine the md/cd-r outs (rcas between the coax digital input and the digital subwoofer out bottom left) will probably work as I think they are functionally equivalent to a tape loop out, but I am not positive. In terms of sound quality, almost any outboard dac will give you better sound. I am certain that the dac in your...
I think Turn of a Friendly Card, and know I Robot are available as dsd downloads from Acoustic Sounds for $25 per.
Does your receiver have pre-outs?
You said a mouthful there, as most modern charting music (or whatever is the modern-day equivalent to charting) I hear is of poor quality, in addition to sounding bad. Neither characteristic appeals, but the former is far worse.
Eu contraire sir. I am constantly listening to, and looking for, new music, even in the categories I cited above as not being my favorites. Those categories just happen to be the ones that are simultaneously the ones in which I have had the least success, and also those that are referred to above as being played to death at audio demos/shows. If the compositon and performance of music doesn't appeal to me, the sound quality doesn't mean ****, while I have quite a bit of...
I've only been to one audio show ( CanJam rmac 2014) and didn't have that much fun, so probably will never go to another. Brought my x5 as a source, but can't for the life of me remember what music I used for demos. That said, I've never even contemplated owning music for the purposes of demoing gear (mine or others') that I wouldn't listen to for pleasure regardless of the gear used. Since I am not all that familiar with most classical music, and can't stand most acoustic...
I've had the best results with relatively low impedance/low sensitivity planar cans (lcd2, he500) with the R set to low, while higher impedance cans (hd600, dt880-250ohm) sound better on medium. Supposedly, a good target is to keep the ratio of headphone impedance to amplifier output impedance at least 8:1, at least with dynamic drivers. While my experience with the polaris has been consistent with this, the beauty of the thing is the ease of changing settings. I'd say do...