or Connect

Posts by senorx12562

That too, Mike, in a less concrete way. I was actually talking about that huge cable (tail, right?) hanging out of the vali. I still use my vali on a nightly basis as my bedside rig with a big ego and usually my hd600. One of the all-time great audio bargains. Sounds way better than it has any right to, with the hd600s, dt880pros, or even the he500. Not so much with iems or low-z phones.
This is definitely a case of the tail wagging the dog.
Todd Rundgren also.
The resistors on the module that came installed have 1002f printed on them, the ones on the extra module say 1003f on them, and I think the latter are the higher resistance ones. Since I use everything from iems to planars to high impedance full-size cans, he sent both.
Don't know. Prior to purchasing mine i emailed jeremy about use with iems, so that could've prompted it's inclusion if it's not automatic. I got the aluminum chassis, but that shouldn't matter. If you are curious, you should email Jeremy about it.
It was in a little ziplock along with an extra attenuation module (to reduce gain for iems). 3/32 in.
Mine actually came with the allen key too.
The reason I made the prediction is, well you said as much re the junior, but your write up of the TOTALdac left me with such a feeling of unfinished business and unrealized potential that I could understand you wanting to examine it further. Maybe a little projection on my part too, as I can see myself buying something like that just because it is so different, especially as you already have the yggy and others including theoretically the jr. Also see the difficulty with...
I predict a ds jr. and a 2nd attempt at the TOTALdac are in your future somewhere.
Sorry man, thought it was worth a shot. Think you will really like the end result though.