Posts by senorx12562

Rob was certainly responsive when a pin broke off of one plug on my cable, sending me a new cable that arrived w/in a week at no charge. I'm happy with the fit and the SQ both. The workmanship seems a little rough (I've posted pix earlier in this thread), and there are some bubbles in the acrylic, but overall I'm quite happy with the results and with the response to the problem with the cable. I definitely feel I received good value for my money, and will probably still...
As I said in a previous post, I have neither the time nor the inclination (or the tools-don't even own anything to solder with) to undertake such a project. Moreover, I want the thing to work. Even the worst piece of crap is probably going to work better than something I build. In the immortal words of Harry Callahan, "A man's gotta know his limitations."
I'm curious then given your opinion of these new bottom tier Chinese amps, how you account for the OVERWHELMINGLY positive reviews they receive here and elsewhere. Yes, some negative points are mentioned, but a rating below 3.5 and 4 stars is by far the exception, and most have 100% positive reviews. Mass hysteria? Chinese government agents? I don't mean to imply that you're wrong, I don't have a clue, that's why I asked, but I've seen reviews where people claim to be...
I know, thanx anyway.
  So basically, the two things I want to do with an amp are inconsistent with one another, and all I can afford is crap anyway. I wanted to hear what all the fuss was about with tube amplification. I've never owned a tube amp, and always have been something of a skeptic, especially at the prices they commanded the last time I even looked into it (20-30 years ago.) To someone who's been "away" so long, discovering the existence of so many reasonably-priced tube amps was...
    Unfortunately, $400 is a little over my budget, and would have to include total cost including shipping (and I'd still have some 'splainin' to do). Also unfortunately, and embarassingly given the nature of this forum, building (Bottlehead) or modding/maintaining (Yaqin) are definitely out, as I don't have the time or the inclination. I just like listening. Maybe I should stick to SS after all?
Rather than a Lepai (which seem to all have volume and tone controls) wouldn't I be better off with just an on off button since I would effectively have a pre- to control volume with?
Thank you for the suggestion.
And what would be the relative effect on sound vis-a-vis a tube amp? I already have a fiio E07 that I use with both cans and iems.
I'm looking for an inexpensive tube amp to serve as both a headphone amp and to drive a set of Klipsch KG4s to relatively low volumes (if such a thing exists.) The speakers are rated at 6 ohms nominal and 94dB@1w@m. By inexpensive I mean <$400, hopefully much less. I've been looking at two products from...