Posts by senorx12562

Thanks technobear. This is the info I sent to ifi: David, Thank you for your prompt reply. I will answer your questions as best I can: Sony Vaio laptopVPCF12AFM (Intel® CoreTM i3-350M processor With a 3MB L3 cache and 2.26GHz processor speed. 4GB DDR3 memory For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB. Blu-ray Disc-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW drive 500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm) Stock Playing through Music Bee and JRiver (I have both) Using the blue usb cable that came with...
Really? So, if one cannot say something nice, say nothing? I've been posting about this item, here, since I received it, most of which posts have been very positive. But when I have an issue, suddenly I should keep quiet? OMG. Wouldn't want to piss off a vendor. Have you been reading this thread?
Well, I've just about had it. I reported earlier about some weird artifacts (clicking and popping noises). It went away for awhile but has now reappeared with a vengeance, in every mode, with every format except DSD, of which I have none.. Now it's accompanied by a dropout in preamplifier mode literally every minute (I timed it). It's the strangest thing. I've opened a ticket w/ ifi and I'll let you know. I'm pissed because I really like the sound and features of this...
I just don't think this thing can be beat for the $. Best $500 I've spent. And I'm really cheap.
I still can't get over the fact that for less than $1k, (iDSD,X3, 128gb microSD card, pick your 'phones) I can have better quality sound (semi)-portably than I've ever had at home. These are the good old days as Carly Simon once sang.
The sound of my unit is nothing like the description of how yours sounds that you posted and I quoted. I don't understand the confusion.
My iDSD sounds nothing like you describe.
The issue has not returned for me at all. I don't use my phone for music at all though. I'm waiting for male/male coax adapters so I can try the iDSD with the coax out of my X3. I've so far only used it with two different laptops. Post with more info please. Good Luck.
OMG, I need to go back to Sound Science where I belong.
I haven't seen hide nor hair of my comply tips. Guess I'll have to live with the hundreds of tips I already have.