Posts by senorx12562

Unless there are people out there with $10k burning a hole in their pocket willing to pay to demonstrate to the world-at-large what golden ears and discriminating taste they have.
I actually blame the existence of so many snake-oil salesman in the audio business for the objective/subjective dichotomy one extreme of which is exemplified by the rantings of NwAvGuy. Although I tend to fall closer to his end of the spectrum (I can't even read Stereophile and keep a straight face, let alone The Absolute Sound),in the end it is clear to me that what matters most is the pleasure one derives from listening to music. If someone is blissful over the effect...
Finally received the pair of 750s I won from Inner Fidelity, and I found them to have a little too much bass emphasis for listening to music. I don't listen to much bass heavy music, and have always been very detail oriented when it comes to sound, and I didn't think the mids and highs were very detailed. I actually really enjoyed them for watching movies though, in fact probably the best iems I've heard for that, though my experience is rather limited compared to many...
Whatever the market will bear, I suppose. But then I wouldn't spend $1500 on headphones, either. Or even half that.
I just found out yesterday that I won a pair of the MA750s from Inner Fidelity, so I'm looking forward to a test-drive. I'll eventually give an impression if I have anything coherent to add.
Fireflies?
No offense, but if you never publish a negative opinion of anything, then anyone without a seat inside your head will, of necessity, think that you love everything. I was definitely of that opinion. I understand you not wanting to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs by offending your sponsors, but that makes your opinion of little or no value, since the great unwashed out here in the land without Kool-aid and free gear have no idea what you are not talking about. In...
None of my headphones are hard to drive, especially not my iems of course, and I don't listen to my computer directly that often, other than via a bluetooth soundbar/sub combo. When I listen to music via 'phones its usually from one of my portable devices, even at home. Maybe that's because the sound quality on the laptop isn't as good as the devices, although it still isn't as bad as what people here always say about their computers' sq. I was hoping that the O2 would...
Ironically, my full size cans sound worse than my iems directly from my laptop. They just won't get loud enough. The iems sound ok, but as I said, its not a lack of volume. I don't have ready access to the specs for my laptop now so I don't know any particulars, although it was a "media/entertainment" laptop when I bought it (Sony VAIO) so it might be a little better than average in the audio realm, but then again, maybe not. Most of my files are 320kbps MP3 files. So far,...
I guess my question was not very clear. If the only effect an amplifier can have on recorded music is to play it back at a higher volume, then the effect on the sound of my music that I noted when using my E07K is imaginary, because I'm still listening to music at the same volume, I just thought I heard more of a sense of "space" between the components of the music, along with more "directionality" with respect to the various instruments /voices than without the amp. I...