Posts by senorx12562

Yes. Even I can tell the difference between a 128kbps file and a 320kbps one, and I think it's already been established that I don't have golden ears.
Yeah, these are the good old days aren't they?
I essentially do the same thing by having a Google play music subscription, essentially paying Google $10/mo. to store 20 million songs for me in 320kbps form, although the number of songs I actually want to hear probably isn't even 1% of that.
I don't have Audacity, but in Music Bee the bitrate of the HD files comes up at just over 3000 kbps, whereas the flac files from my cd are just under or over 1000. Each album also takes up over 1 gig of space, which is 4-5 times that of most albums in flac format, and about 3 times that of an uncompressed wav file, so I'm pretty sure I got what I paid for (or maybe I should say I got what they said I was getting). In the end it was a cheap way to find out that I don't need...
Actually, it is what is being sold as the "40th Anniversary Celebration" version, but that may use the SACD remaster. Your point is still valid though, and I was going to point out that if their were a difference at all, I think that it would be far more likely due to a different master, but I didn't want to bore. I can tell the difference between a low bit-rate mp3 and 320 or redbook, but re-ripped my cds to FLAC for archiving purposes. I can't tell 320s from the FLAC...
I recently purchased two downloads of albums that I know very well in 24/96 from Acoustic Sounds in order to conduct a very unscientific test to see if I could tell any difference between them and the redbook FLAC files I ripped from the CD versions of the same albums. The albums are The Grays' Ro Sham Bo, and Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. The latter is an album that I have listened to on vinyl, cassette, CD, 128kbps MP3, 320 MP3, etc., while I've never heard Ro...
I've never once had the feeling that the 1500s couldn't keep up, I don't listen to speed metal or anything but I do listen to some music that can have some pretty fast parts, like progressive jazz, The Dixie Dregs, etc. Maybe that is not relevant  to your intended use.
Quote: Originally Posted by dweaver  I have both and have made some general comparisons. The H1 is darker sounding and a bit more V shaped I think. Over all I prefer the 1500 but do enjoy the H1 as well. I will see if I can do an AB test of a few songs sometime over the next few days. The 1500 is still my goto IEM. So far, I agree. The 1500s are more comfortable for me and easier to wear for a longer period of time. Soundwise, the Sonys seem a little more laid back,...
Great review dweaver! In fact so much so that I bought myself a pair. For a single dynamic driver I find them to be quite detailed, even compared to my other iems, which are mostly multi-BAs, but without the coherence and phase issues those can present. In fact, they are fighting with my W40s for listening time. I'd be curious to see what you think of them vis-a-vis the XBA-H1s. I bought some while I was waiting for the DJE1500s to arrive. I'll never listen to the Sonys as...
I bought a pair of W4Rs about 1 3/4 years ago, and after about 18 months one of the housings split in half right on the seam (I believe they are two pieces glued together after installation of the BAs). As everything was still intact otherwise (the wiring was even still attached and holding the two halves together) I believed that they would just glue the two halves back together and return them to me. Instead, in less than a week I received a brand new set of W40s....