or Connect

Posts by senorx12562

Just got back. Ciems in the whole time. Still alive. No ticket. ( And in Colorado at least, it is any "Motor Vehicle.")Unenforceability has never even entered the discussion w/ our gummint. And cba is right, riding itself pretty much takes away your hearing. Think of how loud an 80mph wind is. I actually hear marginally more with earplugs in, but not earphones of course.
$3500 DAPs and $2000 headphones are so irrelevant to me that it is comical. Actually, what's comical is that I still waste time reading the reviews of such things, even though never in my wildest dreams will I be be able to afford them. My x5 as transport only, amped and converted to analog by my micro iDSD is as good as portable will ever be for me I'm afraid. Good thing that setup sounds so good to my very old ears. Actually, any DAP that has enough storage and a digital...
Every state in which I've checked the laws, mostly western ones, makes it illegal to wear earphones or headphones while operating a vehicle. According to AAA, different states are all over the map(so to speak).   https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/headsets/ Colorado is the only state where I've been cited.
I actually got into head-fi in an effort to listen to music on a motorcycle, starting with portable cassette players, cd players ( skip city), through minidisc and finally, digital files. I will never ride again without ear protection, whether ear plugs or iems, alas, i'd already suffered some hearing loss sometime in the10-15 years prior to figuring that out. Between the wind noise, engine noise, and the helmet, you really can't hear squat anyway, at least the addition of...
My wallet is always scared except when it is empty, like now. Maybe it's the $ that's scared?
Actually the ss output stage is one thing I want, as that might help with orthos, not counting on it though.
I suppose i may try that, but i've never had good results from double amping a signal.
I'm about to find out. I figured at a buck twenty it was a pretty low risk proposition. Didn't want to be utterly tubeless, you know?
I've solved the problem by selling my Valhalla2, which honestly sucked with my HE 500s and LCD2s, and getting a micro ican for my orthos, and I have a Vali on order for my dynamics (HD600 and 250ohm DT880). The orthos both sound great from the ican. Picked up both amps for about the same $ as the valhalla2 cost new. 
Everything but the original shipping box is included. (See pic below). Also includes a bunch of comply tips that were not included with the 'phones originally. NO international shipping, don't even ask. I'm tired of getting shipping quotes for people who never respond. I will cover paypal and ground shipping at the asking price. PM me with questions or offers. I will consider trades, but only for full-size closed cans. Alpha Dogs maybe? Tell me what you've got....