or Connect

Posts by senorx12562

I've had the best results with relatively low impedance/low sensitivity planar cans (lcd2, he500) with the R set to low, while higher impedance cans (hd600, dt880-250ohm) sound better on medium. Supposedly, a good target is to keep the ratio of headphone impedance to amplifier output impedance at least 8:1, at least with dynamic drivers. While my experience with the polaris has been consistent with this, the beauty of the thing is the ease of changing settings. I'd say do...
No, but I think Jeremy can change it from one to the other if you send it to him. May be a charge, I would ask him. He is pretty responsive to emails.
I think the "bright" nature of the hd800 results from a peak in the fr at about 6-8k hz, which would be unaffected by the roll-off even in the low bandwidth setting on the "aggressive" version of the polaris iirc.Edit: Sorry, my bad. Looked it up, and actually did not remember correctly, the low bandwidth setting on the aggressive version might tame that peak a bit. That's what happens when one gets old.
This post is staggeringly presumptuous. Unbelievable.
Ditto with the he500s.
Are you still looking? I have an eo7k (the updated version of the e7) along with the line out module. Let me know if you are still in the market. Cheers.
I tried to research this question a couple of years ago, and really never got a certain answer. I do remember though that the impedance was listed as being exactly the same (56 ohms iirc) so I assumed that they were the same internally. If not that would be quite the coincidence. I had mine reshelled about 1.5 years ago, and still love 'em. Good luck.
I actually found that the adhesive "feet" Schiit provides create just enough clearance to either my vali1 or my Sys to place them on top of the Polaris without fouling the jumpers, and of course the footprint of the latter is sufficiently larger than the small Schiit cases to create a better base for the stack. I have the aluminum case however.
Or you've never read spiderman comics or seen the movies.
One of my favorite chapters so far Jason. The way I see it, if I want the best results with anything, I do myself the things I'm good at, i.e., things that someone else might hire me to do, and hire experts to do the things not in my wheelhouse. All this requires is honesty when evaluating my own skills, or, as Dirty Harry once said," A man's gotta know his limitations." Experts can do things better, cheaper, and more efficiently, leaving me more time to do things I like...