Posts by senorx12562

Yeah, barring a double-blind a/b test with all variables controlled for, I am definitely going to remain agnostic about "HD" audio in general, and certainly about my ability to hear the difference between it and CD quality. That doesn't mean I can't hear a difference between my w4rs and my um3xs, or between my x3 and one of my myriad other DAPs, but I can't for a moment guarantee that it's not all or mostly confirmation bias. Guess I'm just not "golden ears" material. 
Wow. I'm........speechless.
I have never spoken to anyone who didn't think it was nuts to spend even $500.00 on a pair of headphones or earphones. In fact I've never done so either, although I might if I could.
Somewhat ironically, I now have W40s, because Westone replaced my W4s with them under warranty when the housing came apart. I got the W4s from Earphone Solutions for such a good price because Westone was about to introduce their new lineup, so they were non-current. I mention this in part because I have been very happy with the customer service of both companies. I have had numerous sets of Westones and have been happy with all of them, and if I had the wherewithal I'd...
I may be wrong, but I think the RSMs cost more than twice the $300 I paid for my w4s, which is the comparison I intended to make. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
As they should, given the total price differential. 
"Still, barf."   Intended flippantly, I'm sure, but I'm curious what causes your nausea. I'm definitely not an engineer, by training or inclination, but why the disdain? I mean, good measured performance, and 90-95% efficiency sound good to me. Still too much noise? What am I missing?
I agree, except I'm hoping someone other than Apple takes the plunge, as I'm poor. For the same reason, I cannot afford to rebuy all of my music again, nor can I afford a way to A/B 320mp3s vs. "HD" formats, which would be necessary for me to determine the value calculation. Although I do intend to purchase "The Nightfly" from HDTracks at some point ( I know it was recorded and mastered well, and I know the music well enough to probably make a meaningful comparison), I'm...
It's better if the format is unavailable;  who will then be able to argue that the format is not superior?
Unless there are people out there with $10k burning a hole in their pocket willing to pay to demonstrate to the world-at-large what golden ears and discriminating taste they have.