Posts by AustinValentine

Just what the description says, I'm looking to pick up a good condition used Leckerton UHA-6S MKII.   Things that do not matter:    ~ Silver or black paint doesn't matter. ~ I also don't care if there are a couple of scratches on the paint. ~ OP-Amp also doesn't matter, as I'll re-socket it for 4627-1B if it doesn't have it already.    Things that matter:    ~ Battery must still keep a solid charge.  ~ It must not have any problems that affect functionality.  ~...
 You're within their trial return time period (15 days) on your order. Perhaps message them and see what they can do for you vis-a-vis a return and repurchase on the new product? Being angry is fine, but *generally* it's a good idea to see what their staff will do for you to rectify your grievance before you get too angry. 
(Putting photos up tomorrow, but for now I thought I'd put up the listing just to get them out there.)   Throwing a few things up for sale. My wife recently had her backpack stolen in a snatch-and-grab on the Blue Line, so I had to replace her work laptop. Ugh. Selling these to make up the expense. It really was time to thin the herd anyway.    Payment by Paypal only. Prices include U.S. shipping and Paypal fees (CONUS shipping only). I’ll discount for combined...
Selling One (1) JDS Labs ODAC (Standalone), Like New Condition, $XX. No RCA, USB input only.   Yep. It’s an ODAC. I used this for a while via USB-OTG with my Note II and Leckerton. Spotless condition and works as well as any other JDS ODAC. Comes with the standard included USB cable, original box, original documentation, and all four black rubber feet (installed on the DAC). CONUS Shipping only.    SOLD!
 I think that the headband comfort is fine. It's not very padded, but the weight of the headphone is well distributed. The magnesium construction is rather lightweight. The ear cups are very small compared to that AKG - the AKG 5XX series pads are crazy fricken huge though. I think if you're going to have any comfort problems, it will be there. 
 That looks a lot like an unbranded/rebranded NuForce Transient Cable. Excellent price for one of those - though I'd watch out for the lack of an effective strain relief if you're using it in your pocket with a smartphone. 
 My theory on this is batch variation. If you look at my comments (much much) earlier in the thread, I had one that was seriously hot in the sibilance region before. Like, cutting levels of painful. Made the sibilance on the HD25/Amperior sound like the sonic equivalent of a butter knife. It wasn't extra detail extraction as with the HD800 either (i.e. microscope effect)...it was just plain hot, a nasty emphasis between 6-7k. I really didn't know how people could listen to...
Just got in the B&H used deal...and I think I can say with confidence...   Holy **** Snacks! This MDR-7520 isn't hot in the sibilance region! Other than that, the lower midrange seems more forward than I recall as well.    I'll definitely be reviewing these within the next month.    (Also, for those that were wondering, their "Condition: 9" was just an unused open box return. It was clear that someone fought with the clear packaging to get everything back in...but...
 I can try that out later today. I haven't tried using the headphone out > input on the Leckerton directly!
 I have an M8 on hand right now. For some brief impressions on running headphones that are a bit harder to drive than would be normal for a smartphone, I've found: - It works *fantastic* for the Beyerdynamic DT-250-250's and drives them with authority at 80% volume. Actually, the two pair great.  - It does a so so job with an HD600. Achieves a reasonable SPL, but sounds pretty lifeless otherwise.  - It completely doesn't work for driving the Paradox. Just..no. The Paradox...