Posts by AustinValentine

Re: Gadd's percussion...it sure is! "Gumboots" and the title track off of Graceland both sound wonderful as well. This headphone really does bass, drums, and bass/baritone voices well. I'm a low volume listener too. (I use my Leckerton on low gain, and at around 8 o'clock on the dial to just bump it past its channel imbalance.) I'm generally not a burn-in believer, but I'm hoping that with some mechanical diaphragm flex that I might get some sort of reduction. I have them...
Listened for a couple more hours and noticed some slightly elevated sibilance at the upper male vocal range/lower female vocal range (really, all around the lower treble range). So, I decided to do a search of this thread re: this topic.   It seems that this has come up before. >.<    I swapped to my Paradox to check to make sure that the sibilance I was hearing with the 7520 was in the original tracks. The sibilance is definitely there in the originals, but the 7520...
7520's arrived this morning. Only 14 tracks in, but I really like these. Great build quality, very comfortable initial fit (further time will determine this one), a fairly chill, not ostentatious appearance...and they sound damn good. Surprisingly light too - go go magnesium.    Somewhat bassy compared to the FSP's - but tight, very well extended, and very detailed bass. Unlike, say, the V-Moda M-100's the bass isn't forward in presentation either so it's not...
 The clamp, sadly. I have TMJ issues and their clamp, especially below the ear, caused my joint pain, popping, and cracking to go crazy.  Can't over emphasize this enough: if the pads had been even a little bit larger, I would have been able to adjust the pressure point elsewhere and still have maintained a good acoustic seal. I think a pad size index for circumaural headphones would really helpful for a lot of people.
 Your answer is pretty much six posts back. Nothing images as well as an HD800...tonal balance is another matter though. And the Stax headphones (SR007/009) are both open back TOTL "summit-fi" electrostats. Almost all reviews and comparisons that you're going to find for those phones will be out of drastically better DACs and specialized amps - making any comparison questionable because of significant equipment-level testing differences. Not a lot of people are going to...
Photos now listed for all items. One item bought and paid for, with two items now Sale Pending. AV   Edit: April 15th, 2014, three items down. One item with sale pending.   Edit: April 18th, four items down! 
All prices include CONUS shipping and Paypal Fees. Prices are reasonably firm, but I might be able to move a little for people purchasing multiple items and combining shipping. All items from a smoke-free home that also has a wife and one very disinterested cat. Neither of these have impacted the quality of the items.   HEADPHONES   1. NAD Viso HP50 (Like-New Condition with all packaging, original box, padded zipper case, cables and accessory container, and...
Koss ProDJ100 for $31.00 (New) on Cowboom right now: http://www.cowboom.com/product/761730/   Koss ProDJ200 for $66.95 (New), also on Cowboom: http://www.cowboom.com/product/1425437/   When I owned a pair of these a while back, I really liked their build quality.
Seriously, at this price I'm not even sure how this is still available.
 Good news!  Question: is the waterproofing flap on the bottom of the S5 user removable (without breaking the damn thing)? Right now, I'm weighing between the S5, Note 3, HTC M8, and Z1s...and Z2 if it comes to the US ever >.< Being able to remove the flap without damaging the phone would be very helpful.