Posts by AustinValentine

I drove the MDR-7520 with the following:  1. ODAC/O2 combo; 2. ODAC/Leckerton UHA-6.MKII (w/ ADA4627-1B op amp), which is my dedicated portable rig;3. Gamma2/Leckerton UHA-6.MKII; 4. Gamma2/Magni Combo; 5. Galaxy Note 2 (WM1811 chip, Perseus Kernel & UAPP, both out of its headphone jack and out of the ODAC/Leckerton combo via USB-OTG); 6. Samsung Captivate (WM8994 DAC w/ Voodoo Sound & Neutron). (Files used ranged from 16/44 to 24/192 FLAC and ALAC files on my home...
Sony MDR-7520 vs Sennheiser HD600   This is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison, as you’re comparing a closed back, sensitive, low impedance headphone with a less sensitive open back headphone. Still, I’ll give this a go.   Physical Concerns: The 7520 are smaller than the HD600, but not any lighter. They do feel lighter in practice though; their magnesium body feels solid and inspires confidence in their build quality. The 7520 also have a lighter clamping force....
 Beautiful! Much more elegant solution. That's great work.
 This is exactly what I was suggesting. Takes no real estate, leaves all current functionality in place, and provides the option to remove the prompt screen. 
I've been using this for quite some time and it's pretty fantastic. In my opinion, it has the best sound quality out of any available Android player.   However, I have one question: is there anyway to make the Media Type > Media Selection choice a saved selection? I've found it pretty irritating to have to reselect either Media database or Folder playback each time I want to switch artists or albums.    If it's not possible to do so in the current app, a toggle-able...
If I still had it, I'd definitely help you out. Unfortunately, the Note 2 and the iBasso didn't get along (way, way, way too much GSM radio interference) so the right angle connector went back when I returned the amp. Sounded great when I had it airplane mode though >.<
For anyone that is interested, my M-100's are up for sale on the forums: http://www.head-fi.org/t/714497/avs-mid-fi-audio-sell-off-headphones-daps-and-an-o2   Love the things but they just haven't gotten enough use. 
 If you like the HD 650 and are certain about that sig, you might want to consider the Focal Spirit Classic. The Focal Spirit Pro is to the HD600 what the Focal Spirit Classic is to the HD650. 
Did the mod last weekend and it really does seem to have made some substantial improvements to these headphones - slight reduction in bass quantity and a huge reduction in bass distortion. The headphones sound far cleaner and much more even now. All credit for the mod goes to the excellent comments in this thread and to Purrin for his longer description and notes on how to do the mod.   #1. Picked up some Dynamat and polyfill acoustic fiber. Don't use cotton or pillow...
 Yeah, I've read that re: burn in over in the thread as well. (I posted over in the 7520 thread while I had them in hand. Just for burn-in sake, I left them in a file cabinet/desk drawer for a couple nights overnight. So beyond my listening, they had another 20 or so hours of just random tracks running).  I'm also not ruling out pair or batch production variance. There seem to be a number of people in the 7520 thread that have had sibilance issues with these...and a number...