Posts by AustinValentine

Up for sale is one HeadAmp Gilmore Lite with Astrodyne medical grade power supply. These units have been out of production for quite some time now. This unit looks really nice for it's age and works beautifully.    Price includes shipping and Paypal. CONUS shipping only. I wouldn't be parting with it (and especially not for this price) but I've received a bit of time pressure on another item I'm purchasing. 
 Yep, just like the photo of the other one - uses an SAA7350. (Yours is in much nicer condition than that other though.)
 The best way to find out would be to have someone crack theirs open and look. The only decent image of the Basic's internals are here. There is a Theta sticker covering up the chip, and based on it's size & pin configuration it could be either a Philips 7350 or a PCM67P.  It's also listed on the master D/A converter list as PCM67P here.  Edit: On closer examination of the photo, the master list got this wrong on this one. Stereophile and Wahsmoh got it right. (Will send...
 The Theta DS Pro Prime uses a PCM67P chip, similar to the Prime II, Basic II, and Progeny. The PCM67 is an odd hybrid of R2R and 1-bit/D-S, which is what they're likely talking about there. (See Purrin's comments in post #3229). Using the PCM67 was a budget-focused decision as it was way cheaper than either PCM63 or PCM1702 at the time. Edit: Nope, nope nope. See post up ahead.
 Glad that you like them!  
Yep. The Vali/M2U's small size is part of the appeal. 
One of the things I like most about my system is also what I dislike the most: the hybrid tube amp on my desk. Garage1217's Project Ember is a fantastic amplifier: extremely customizable, attractive looking, well priced. It's The biggest problem with it IMO is it's open design. While it adds a DIY aesthetic, it also makes it very susceptible to RF/EMF noise and interference.    What I'd like to see: a Vali revision using the brushed aluminum case of the Magni 2 Über....
PCM63 hasn't been in production for quite some time. Neither has PCM1702. PCM1704 went out of production relatively recently, but there is enough new inventory back stock still available that we'll likely see new production DACs (such as Audio-GD's) using them for a few more years at least. 
(Photos going up tomorrow. It's in perfect cosmetic condition though sans the missing sticker on the bottom.) I have a first batch GO V2+ on preorder, so I'm letting this little guy go. It's a fantastic portable DAC - I've used it both via USB-OTG off of my Note 4 and from my Macbook.    Stock case included. No stock USB cable included and no sticker on the bottom.  I am including a (far more durable) short, right-angled short USB cable in place of the    Price...
 Debating the nature of neutrality is pretty elliptical. Even for all of it's "neutrality", even the FSP has a slightly forward presence region. In that way, the FSP and DT250-250 are more similar than alike. The DT250-250 has a slight mid-forward tilt and a low bass roll off, which is part of what makes the bass seem thin at times.  That's all just frequency response though. The FSP does a few other things slightly better than the DT250-250 too - speed and timbre in...