Posts by tgdinamo

That's what I always do in XLD as well and can confirm this works (I purchased the same album from HDTracks a while back, also in 192 resolution WAV).Although I'm still surprised it does not work as is without conversion because most HDTracks albums do (I always buy 192-24 WAV when available and only convert to to 16 bit for Tera to save space).
 No that's how it was designed. There is no pause on Tera - any time you stop the track it will start again from the beginning of track. Some people really criticized Charles hard for this (before he was banned) but he did not care to hear it.
Don't worry about that - HDTracks will be happy to sell you thousands of dollars worth of 192 resolution files! The trick is to figure out which are really great and stand out from CD's - there is certainly a lot of outstanding stuff there but you need to do some research before you buy.If you need some hints on what to buy here is a good place to get suggestions (they announce new releases each week and there is conversation about recommended releases, small reviews,...
 Can you (or anyone) prove this actually happens in real world? People seem to think HDTracks does this but is there proof (and if they do was this some isolated case or pattern)? Also, to what extent can they (resellers) control what the labels are sending them to sell? Who should be responsible for verifying content quality? Does Amazon guarantee that the CD you purchased was not upsampled to CD resolution from low res MP3? If yes how can they prove this?
No question he is a character - was banned from this site and I'm not even going to defend him. You should have seen some of the arguments in those threads including his link to some outrageous German punk video which was the final straw to get him banned. But he is also incredibly skilled sound engineer - genius if you ask me. It is interesting that all the criticism you will find about Tera has to do with pricing and his attitude - you will have a very hard time finding...
 I can explain but you should instead do a search and look through Tera threads (or Tera website). All the info about how to navigate etc is there - no sense to continue this conversation in the Pono thread (we already disrupted it enough as is).Oh, and yes - I'm extra fussy - really used to get annoyed trying to find/feel tiny buttons on the side of the iphone when it was in pocket just to get volume up or down and I especially hated double clicking and triple clicking to...
 I know everything about screens because I have used ipods and iphones for years. And guess what? For my usage scenario they sucked. I listen to music during my commute to work and prefer to have my player in pocket all the time. I like large physical buttons I can feel through my jeans so I don't have to take the device out to operate. I can change tracks, albums, artists, and play in random mode completely out of my pocket simply by feeling buttons through my jeans...
 None of the above. I like selecting the album and just sitting back and enjoying the music - back in the old days selecting the album involved complicated task of looking at the covers and then putting what I want on my vinyl player, and these days it's simple button presses allowing me to move into the album folder I want on my Tera player. Much prefer this to watching spectrograms while music is playing or obsessing with them when I'm not even listening - as a matter of...
I agree about provenance. This is one area where HDTracks should improve (if possible). I'm looking forward to Pono store as well - mostly because Neil Young is one of my favorite musicians and it's annoying there is none of his music available on HDTracks (I have purchased all of his blurays which are all great - but what was released there only covers his early career).
 No. I have not taken any tests. Couple of years ago I decided to consider switching from listening to ripped CD's on iphone to HDTracks hi-res downloads on some more advanced player. I read a lot of user feedback and reviews about various hi-end devices before deciding on Tera player. Have never been happier with any decision (hobby related) in my life.By the way, my decision making was certainly not influenced by any charts. I read this forum for a while, decided which...