Posts by tgdinamo

No doubt music will cost you - because it does make a difference (I should know by now after already easily spending north of $1K on HDTracks).Although you should keep in mind that Tera does not do 24 bits (will play the 24 bit files but drop the 8 least significant bits). Does not matter though - Tera does 192 Khz effortlessly and even at 16 bits still has better (analog, vinyl like) SQ than few other high end players I tried (HM901 and AK120).
 I feel for you - went through the same thing after I joined this site. Only wish I would have listened to the advice to get 1plus2 right away instead spending money on all those other intermediate phones first (ok it was a learning experience but still ...).At least I did not make that mistake with the dap - went for the best (Tera) right away and have not regretted it - best purchase ever. Tera also completely changed my life as far as music goes (made me as enthusiastic...
When you order Ref 1 (or 1plus2) you get to choose what type of jack you want. So you can just tell Tralucent (Gavin) you will be using the phones with Tera and he can give you list of options (without need for converters).
I remember that post when I was first looking at phones for Tera. Ended up buying Klipsch, Yuin, and Koss from that list. Later on I added Hifiman RE-600 and Beyer DT-1350. It's funny how this works - I thought most of these were fine with Tera, but that was before I bought 1plus2 - after that I literally stopped using all of the above (and now only using Ref 1). If I had to rank all phones I have for Tera in terms of SQ this is the order:   X10 < DT-1350 < RE-600 <...
 I primarily use 1plus2 and now Ref 1 while traveling to work - this means NJ Transit, NYC subways, and also walking the NYC streets and have no problem with isolation.However, you may have to spend some time experimenting with tips - took me almost a month of trying various things until I found a combination that works well for me with my 1plus2  (one large tip and one medium tip in my case) - good thing is that those same tips now work well for Ref 1 which is basically...
 You will be blown away with how these sound with Tera. Just make sure you burn them in and not judge them as soon as you receive them. I have been burning mine in for about 5 days now and it's incredible how much better they sound then when I first tried them after unpacking (so I have over 100 hours now and my understanding is they will still continue to improve towards 300 hours).
 Ref 1 are made by Tralucent - same company that makes 1plus2. And they cost about $1,450 - but completely worth it (just like 1plus2). I have both 1plus2 and Ref 1 and can confirm that Ref 1 is an improvement over an already amazing 1plus2 (occasional sibilance is completely gone, bass is even better, mids are richer, and the cables don't pop out of the earpieces as they sometimes did with 1plus2 - at least not during the first week of owning Ref 1).
 Easy to dismiss Koss just because they are cheap. However Mr Altmann certainly knew what he was doing when he picked Porta Pros to tune Tera, so better/smarter and certainly more informed approach would be to find a way to audition how these pair with Tera before passing judgement.
 I disagree with this. I have been using Tera with 1plus2 over the last year or so and it's the best SQ I have ever heard - without any additional amp.I have also purchased the Ref 1 and am burning those in at the moment. Hoping they may take care of the occasional sibilance 1plus2 struggles with with some recordings (but only on handful of hot recordings).By the way, in my opinion Tera is better than both AK120 and HM901 - don't know about AK240 as I have not had the...
 The idea is that on the top level of the SD card you put artists, and then on the level below albums (because you may have artist with more than one album). I personally love that - it's simple.One "trick" I find useful when you have multiple albums below artists (for example on very large 128GB SD card I may have all my Zeppelin and Doors albums on the same card) I like to prepend the name of the album with the year when the album was published.This way when I load music...