or Connect

Posts by tgdinamo

It really does seem that finding the right pairing (with source/cables) is key. For me Ref 1 sounds really great with Tera, but I don't like it with LPG (too much bass). 1plus2 is the exact opposite - phenomenal with LPG but less then ideal with Tera...However I have a feeling that the Plus5 with Uber (which I have on order and can't wait to try) will strike that balance and work perfectly with both sources (probably make my Ref1 and 1plus2 mostly obsolete - although I...
 You don't worry about heat build-up if running device inside this type of case? I can't imaging this can be good for any device (even Tera that does not produce much heat - but still ...).
 Thanks for feedback - very interesting. By the way which player/dap are you using? The same one for both phones?
 LeBron James?
But how can you be so sure if you never had a chance to compare Tera and LPG while using Tralucent phones (or some other very high end IEM's although I have not heard of any that pair great with Tera other then Tralucents)?Here is an example to further clarify my point - I also have the modded Koss Porta (drilled those holes myself ) which I know you also love because it is great pairing with Tera (I completely agree about that) - but those phones are nowhere as great when...
 Hopefully LPG will still be available for sale at reasonable prices.There may be some questions marks about that since I just noticed that the same site I purchased if from a month ago for $1500 just bumped up the price to $2200... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/lp/pla-personal-hi-fi-audio-player/pawgold?utm_source=shoppingcom_cse&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=sidecar&affiliate=cseshopping&sc_intid=107125&scpid=8&scid=scsho9656750&sc_intid=107125& This by the way was the...
 I noticed you had LPG player shortly (based on your posts on LPG thread). I think it's too bad you sold it before you had the chance to try Tralucent phones/cables with it. While it's possible you would still pick Tera (nothing wrong with that choice since it is amazing with all Tralucent phones) - still if you had the chance to listen to LPG (or maybe top of the line AK) with very high end IEM like Tralucents it would give you more perspective, and for sure more...
 I don't know exactly but I have purchased from Gavin twice before so experience tells me he will do his best to get this to me as quickly as can be done.But even after I get them there will be at least several weeks before I post any impressions - Tralucent phones really benefit from long burn-in (200-300 hours for sure as I remember with 1plus2 and Ref1) - and I'm sure uber cable as well needs burn in ...
 Thanks. Current prices for all Tralucent phones/cables have been posted in update to the first post of plus5 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/798088/new-tralucent-audio-plus5-ba-iem When you see the numbers there is obviously a huge incentive to get uber cable at the same time you get any of the phones as opposed to separate purchase, so I decided to go that route.
 I felt very strongly the same way as you until recently about Tera being untouchable - which in the past I compared to HM901, AK120, and AK240 However now that I have LPG here is how I rank my source/phone/cables pairings from best to worst: 1. LPG + 1plus2 (original) with Tralucent gold/silver cable2. Tera + Ref1 (original) with whiplash cable     (this has been my go to setup that I have loved dearly over last couple of years)3. Tera + 1plus2 (original) with whiplash...