Posts by tgdinamo

I was skeptical about burn in until I got 1plus2 and now Ref 1. With my Ref 1 I first listened to them for about an hour as soon as I got them out of the box. Then I let them burn in for 5 days without touching them. After that the SQ was definitely different -  more clear - as if someone removed some type of filter. So this is certainly not the case where my brain got used to them over time - I did not touch them at all and perceived this very noticeable difference...
 I agree. I have both 1plus2 and Ref 1 and find Ref 1 fixed the one issue 1plus2 exhibited (occasional harshness & sibilance). Also, I find some improvement in bass and mids on Ref 1.But other than that I find them very similar and don't understand the criticism of Ref 1 soundstage and imaging at all - to me if you like 1plus2 you are not giving anything up in those areas when you move to Ref 1  Let me also add that burning them in (both Ref 1 and 1plus2) makes huge...
 Works great on the go. I use it almost exclusively during daily commute to work which includes train, nyc subway, and walking nyc streets. Key is obviously to get the right tips and great seal.
 Same here - I'm completely satisfied and done with equipment (until something breaks or I lose it). Tera + Ref 1, with 1plus2 as backup phones is perfect for me.The only thing I still worry about at this point is not having backup for Tera (would really like to get another Tera soon because who knows how much longer they will be available - given it's a single person operation).
 While hdtracks sells CD's that's really not what that site is about. That site is primarily about hd music - meaning higher bit-depth and resolution than CD's. CD's are always 44.1kHz/16bit while hd is typically 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit (you also need higher quality hardware/players and headphones to play and really benefit from those hd resolution files). If you just want to stick with CD's you can rip those to FLAC or ALAC easily without losing any quality...
 Try these tips. They fit Ref 1 perfectly and provide great seal (at least for me using the double flanges). http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/828212-REG/Grado_IGI_CUSH_Replacement_Eartip_Pack_for.html
 I agree. Also, let's keep in mind that Tralucent is very transparent about the pop up issue - Gavin even made the adjustment and is now delivering phones sealed to cables - as well as provided instructions how to glue/unglue Tralucent phones to cables.It has already been discussed that he made the compromise to use the suboptimal system (which someone else devised) in order to allow people to easily use many other cables.All the info people need to make informed decision...
 Same for me. I actually ended up using a double flange tip for my right ear, and single flange for left - with 1plus2 and Ref 1 this is the only way I get the perfect seal on both sides (but it's so worth it as they are amazing).
 If you are thinking of buying 1plus2 at this point I would recommend to buy Ref 1 instead (both phones are from Tralucent, where Ref 1 is their new flagship). I have Ref 1 already for couple of weeks and it's even better than already amazing 1plus2 (occasional sibilance I noticed on 1plus2 is completely gone on Ref 1, and mids and bass are even better).Also, Ref 1 works perfectly fine with the stock Tralucent cable (gold/silver) while to get the most out of 1plus2 it's...
 Great - thanks for the instructions.