or Connect

Posts by tgdinamo

Same here - sound like they are looking to build solution for problem that does not exist.The only possible improvements I can see for LPG would be making it a little bit thinner (but not at expense of battery life), and generating less heat (the only real problem I see is that if I want to charge and listen and the same time the device gets hot). Actually for my taste it gets too warm just listening to it when I keep it in my jeans pocket, but that's probably because my...
 Correct - I purchased it for $1500.
Depends on where you live. I'm in USA and bought it at sonic electronix (few months ago - took about 3 weeks for them to get it from China and deliver even though back then it was showing in stock when I ordered, which is not the case now): http://www.sonicelectronix.com/search?keyword=lotoo+paw+gold
You can add me to the list of blown away by P5. I have had it for several weeks now (after I let it burn in for at least 1 full week) - and it's the best I have heard. It has incredible SQ balanced across the whole spectrum (where my 1P2 has treble that shined with vocals, and ref1 has great bass - but P5 is better then both, and even surpasses them in their areas of strength). My new favorite combo is officially P5 (with uber too) and LPG. By the way, P5 sounds...
 Which headphones are you using to make these observations? I use Tralucent's (1plus2, Ref 1, and most recently plus5), and I don't make the same observations about either Tera or LPG (don't feel like Tera has any problem with bass, or LPG with highs). The main difference to me is that Tera has a completely black background (no hiss whatsoever) while LPG has some. Tera also is more 'polite' with not well recorded music while LPG is brutal - garbage in garbage out all the...
 Go for it - sounds unbelievable paired with plus5 and uber cable. For sure the best I have ever heard.
I also love the gold as is. Perhaps the only improvement would be to change all other (black) buttons to gold as well .
 I had that shuffle as well. It was cool for what it was but as far as I remember it sounded bad, had max 8GB memory (no external cards - obviously since Apple does not do that), and I don't think it was possible to navigate the folders (only play/pause/forward/back as far as I remember).Actually navigation of folders via buttons is something that as far as I know only Tera has as far as screen-less players go. Of course at the same time Tera famously does not have the...
 I respectfully disagree. I LOVE the LPG hardware design and looks. I also love it's no nonsense simple UI and lack of touch screen - physical buttons always win in my book because it makes it possible to use in the pocket (unlike AK players for example). Although still not as versatile as Tera which is head and shoulders above anything else in that department. Also LPG does generate some heat so can't keep it in the pocket for very long time ...
 Out of the players you listed I own LPG and have also tried AK240 (and AK120). I much prefer Tera to AK's, but LPG is a different story. I do prefer LPG to Tera but only for extremely well mastered/recorded albums - LPG has some hiss (it's not completely black background like Tera) and if the album is not well recorded it can be brutal on LPG while Tera is smoother. However, LPG has more resolution and bigger stage, and well recorded DSD albums sound incredible on LPG...