Posts by Darknecron

Indeed they are.  The comparison I linked covers their portability (lack thereof).
 If I may suggest, take a loot at the NVX XPT100. My comparison of the CAL! and XPT100.
 Budget?
 The first pair was defective, but the second pair was indeed operating as intended.  Their treble is very overpowering with velour pads (more than any other set of cans I own [ I don't have the Superlux set mentioned above]) since the velour reduces bass / midbass quantity.  With the HTF600's pleather pads, an actual seal is formed, and the bass / midbass is brought up to match the rest of the spectrum.  They were still quite bright, so I EQ'd their treble and upper...
 The warmness of the HTF600 flattens out into neutrality when you use velour earpads.  I am using the ones from my NXG HeadTrip NX-HTDJ...it was quite a squeeze to get them on though.  I also discovered that the NX-HTDJ sounds infinitely better with the HTF600's pleather pads...the NXG just doesn't have enough bass in the first place to use velour (makes them extremely bright).
 Sigh...then either the retailer I ordered mine from is intentionally selling defective units, or NXG is re-branding Monoprice's factory rejects...or they just have godawful quality control.
Unless I received a SECOND defective pair, those NXG NX-HTDJ I mentioned earlier (rebrand of the Monoprice 108323) are VERY bright.  Almost intolerably so (brightest cans i have ever heard).  Yet again, the bass (which is quite light) is several decibels louder from the left cup than from the right (possibly from a design flaw, but then it should share this flaw with the Monoprice 108323 since they are the same OEM headphone).  I burned them in for ~12 hours with randomly...
 Yep, they are actually cheaper on amazon in the US ($15.70 after shipping).  The first pair I got was defective...everything under 120hz came out of the left earpiece...very strange.  Some kind of impedance mismatch / not enough winds on one of the drivers?  No idea.  I'll be pissed if the second set is defective as well...costs half the headphone's price to send it back. If I get  a good pair, I will do a somewhat-thorough comparison with the HTF600.  The NX-HTDJ's...
 IKR...that's why I have 8 headphones: Panasonic HTF600 - GoodCAL! - AMAZINGJVC HA-S500 - bad, even with mods / EQing.  Not capable of detail.Marley EM-JH020-MI - Terrible...until you mod / EQ them, to hell.  Then Very Good / AmazingNVX XPT100 - UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLEKoss KSC75 - Good for the priceNXG NX-HTDJ - Very GoodKoss KTXPRO1 - Good for the price (better than KSC75, terrible compared to NX-HTDJ) Nothing compared to Joker though.  :P  EDIT:  The NX-HTDJ are cheaper on...