Posts by StevieBuns

Hello everyone,   Does anyone know where I can buy IE8's? I've searched around a bunch and I'm not sure what I'm looking at because the prices seem to be all over the place. I've also read that there are fakes going around too. I understand they're discontinued so I'm assume I'd have to get them from eBay or something but I'm worried about doing that with all the fakes. Any suggestions?    Thanks, Steve
PM Sent
Alright I think that is my best bet, to constant Jh Audio and see if they can help from here. Thank you everyone for your help. Steve
Hey, thanks for the response:   I've listened through my MacBook pro both with and without the E17 and with the Clip Zip both with and without the E17 and I hear it. It isn't something separate from the music, if there is silence in the song then there will be silence in the phones. It's almost like a reverberation. The gain is set on 0 and sometimes I can get rid of it when i play with a certain combination of volumes between the E17 and the source component. Is...
Hello all, I tried finding a solution to this elsewhere but wasn't able to find much information. I'm using jh5 pros with a Fiio E17, all the eq settings are default and i'm hearing a static or rattling sound in most of my music. I get this without the E17 as well, if I were to just listen straight from my Clip Zip playing FLAC music. It is difficult for me to describe exactly what it sounds like, but static/rattling is the best i've come up with. I don't hear it on...
Jh 5 Pro, Fiio E17 Not pictured is the Sansa Clip+ 👍
Here they are! Arrived about a week ago. I'm loving them, they're by far the best headphones I've ever listened to. I've been using them with my Fiio E17 and Clip+ with FLAC audio. I'm not very good at describing audio nuances and the only issue I was having was this fuzzy sound, I think it was in the highs, not mids or lows. The only way I could describe it was "blown out," like the way a photo is overexposed and the image is said to have been blown out. I found that I...
Been a month so far, still waiting to receive my ears. Guess the audiologist was right, JH Audio is currently 6 - 8 weeks out. 
TThanks for the tip! What about when playing files from my MacBook Pro? I understand the headphone jack isn't the best off of these laptops. Would the DAC/AMP combo of the E17 be to my advantage? Or do you still think its overkill?Steve
YI agree the branding on the new aluminum case does look very nice and a bit more...together? Not sure the word that I'm looking for there but had I not known it came with an otterbox case, I would have assumed it came with something like the aluminum case it currently comes with.I'm playing the waiting game now, been over a week since they received my impressions. The audiologist I went to is an authorized dealer and she said she spoke with JH Audio earlier that week and...