Posts by UmustBKidn

1) I use T-mobile, and when I had a Bravo V2 at work, my cell phone was kept within a foot or so of the amp. I could always tell when I was about to get a text message from one of my kids, or a phone call, because there would be a distinct pattern of noise audible over the top of whatever song I was listening to. The closer the phone was to the amp, the louder it got. At 3 feet away, the sound was practically inaudible. 2) I have two Bravo V2's, one modified with most of...
 Oh, I know bro, I do. My credibility is tarnished enough as it is, lol. Especially since the Westin is only like a dozen miles away from home. And it's a 3 day weekend for me. And once I feed the kids breakfast, they won't notice if I'm gone for say, 8 hours or so... So tell me, is there any pre-event stuff going on the Friday before? hmm?
 Have you ever seen those computer speakers with water in them, that bubble when you play music?! Those are the best!
 *cough* Yes. I was listening to vinyl in the 70's. Back then we just called them "Records." But that was a new idea, vinyl. I also owned an 8-track, and lots of cassette decks and tapes. I stored the first computer programs I wrote, created on a Radio Shack TRS-80, on a cassette tape deck. When I got divorced, my ex wife made off with a whole pile of our cassette collection. Once a car of mine was stolen, and when I got what was left of it back, the 8 track deck was one...
 Yes. Line out run into a Bravo V2 hybrid was almost tolerable. Running the i-20 into my Magni was not tolerable at all (it made me want to listen to the ipod alone, it was that harsh).
 Wow. Truly epic, bro. I stand by my earlier descriptions of the i-20 as bright. Of course, those are only my perceptions, YMMV. It's kind of silly to argue perception, as that changes for everyone. Also, the remote does not work particularly well for me. I gave up on that quickly. I am not a young man, and I have tinnitus. So when I mention something seems bright to me, personally, I think it's really bright - given that my ability to hear high frequencies is impaired (14...
 Maybe. But with my rather limited selection of amps, its hard for me to pronounce myself a tube head. Yet. I would not spend the money for a Vali, just for that reason. Personally, I think Schiit invented the Vali to fill the void between the rather cheap Bravo amps and the over-priced Garbage 86 (or whatever their name is) hybrid amps. They hit a sweet spot between Cheap and Expensive and also took the whole "what tube should I buy" question out of the equation. Very...
No. Clipping means you're pushing an amp beyond its design limits. Replacing a tube will not eliminate clipping. Try using headphones with a lower impedance. Or try buying a better amp (suggest Bottlehead Crack).
 You may not have totally cut the circuit traces. Take a close look at the board with a magnifying glass.