Posts by julian67

After listening I disagree, and I still disagree after checking the actual measurements at innerfidelity.com. The Pistons actually have a very decent midrange and a bass which (typical for IEMs) is exaggerated, though not grossly considering the use case (need to obscure ambient urban noise/office buzz etc). The highs look mildly rolled off on the graphs (again normal for almost any IEM) but of course FR graphs only tell a part of the story and are misleading if viewed...
The unfolding box with info on inside of centre and left and right panels is normal. It doesn't mean you got real items, or that you got fake items. It's just normal Piston packaging (which of course can easily be copied).Maybe you got real items. If you want to be sure then buy from an authorised retailer such as ibuygou.com. At US $15.99 with free shipping is it really worth hunting about for an unrealistically cheap deal on something that will sound horrible and...
I just received several pairs of these, 2 pairs T400 type for Xiaomi, Sennheiser, Samsung etc and 2 pairs T100 type for my Shure SE215. I don't have any Comply tips for comparison but I do have original Shure foam tips and some EarphonesPlus foam tips.These new tips are not really useful. Somehow the manufacturer has managed to choose a type of foam which has almost zero ability to block sound, so any earphone which relies on isolation and snug fit for its sound is...
With Xiaomi Pistons you won't get that same deep isolation but you will get a much better balanced and more open feeling sound. Coming from a Klipsch the openness and balance might even be a bit shocking. Klipsch budget IEMs are not "perhaps a little heavy" so much as leaden and turgid (I'm sure their better ones are fine but I have only heard the cheaper items) so something clear and open will take a little getting used to. If absolute isolation is important then look...
There is a lifetime replacement warranty.
I agree wholeheartedly about the subjective nature of most recommendations here. However that does not invalidate them automatically or entirely. And of course negative recommendations are equally subjective when not supported by data. Again, this in no way entirely invalidates those negative opinions or the cautions against purchase. It merely leaves the reader lost. For what it's worth I don't think very highly of the SMSL amp I just received in terms of how it...
I haven't and don't dispute that SMSL may have QA or build issues, but to support your assertion you need to at least supply some verifiable evidence or some credible statistics. Exhortations to search google do not qualify. You make the claim so the onus is on you to support it. Otherwise it is only assertion or unfounded opinion or anecdote.
Coincidentally I purchased an SMSL sAp II desktop amp which arrived this week. I had previously read positive comments about the item but also negative comments about SMSL build quality and design. Obviously I can't comment on my new amp's longevity but it does work as described. I bought mine via amazon.co.uk market place from SHENZHENAUDIOUK (shenzhen longruixiang trade co.ltd). They were easy to deal with, emailing me promptly and offering a choice of gold or black...
The problem is with the 10 ohm output impedance of the DACmini. It means that typical low impedance IEMs and portable headphones will have very unbalanced frequency response (different frequencies get rendered at different volumes - sounds horrible). Your phone's headphone out impedance is probably closer to 1 ohm, maybe even lower. A rule of thumb is that your headphone's impedance should be at least 8 times greater than the amp's output impedance. In practice an IEM...
They always measure like that lol. And if you think that's bad you can head over to innerfidelity and have a look at the square wave and impulse response measurements. These things are laughable. Next big laugh comes when you actually hear them and then finally you can cry with laughter while you re-read all the fotm and fanboy praise.