Posts by julian67

Sigmund says: "It's a bad a case of Pono Envy as has ever been seen. It couldn't stay up and there will be no consummation or issue."
Reading through this thread some of it is pretty funny but I agree that some of those old buds were decent enough. Coincidentally a few days ago I dusted off some old earbuds to try with a new Hifimediy USB DAC (idle curiosity, not serious enquiry). I have two different sets of buds which came with iRiver players between 7 and 10 years ago: one is a mediocre iRiver branded generic item and the other is branded both iRiver and Sennheiser, appears to be MX 400, and sounds...
A couple of old Archos devices which are now often found very cheap on ebay, even new sometimes: Archos A43IT gen8 16GB (4.3 inch screen), as already mentioned on the first page. Mine is rooted - see http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/SettingUpMultiRootGen8 - and running an otherwise regular Archos 2.4.83 firmware (Android 2.2.1 Froyo). It runs Rasher's 480x800 build of March 1st 2014 and works without problems of any kind. The theme I use is a modified version of DFKT's...
They have relatively high impedance (60 ohms is high for a small portable earphone) and most phones/mp3 players don't have enough voltage to drive them really well, being designed for earphones of 32 ohm impedance or lower. This is masked to some extent because popular music these days tends to be produced and mixed to be L O U D but if you listen to stuff that is nicely produced and actually has some dynamic range you'll notice that the Koss KSC75 work better with an amp...
It's safe to assume that any phone, compact camera or tablet or playback device of this type has Lithium-ion/Li Po battery. I can't think of anything that wouldn't except the very few (usually generic and very cheap) products which use AA or AAA cell.
ftfyfrom the linked article:Your post suggests you know this but made a typo/omission. However, it might not be apparent to a casual reader who would then go and do exactly the wrong thing, probably repeatedly, and seriously diminish both the utility and overall lifespan of their device.Short version for modern device battery care: keep topping it up, avoid approaching empty, let the OS take care of all the rest of the power management.
Nope.mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .... pause for breath...mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaOh the power.If I ever decide to sell it will be on the basis of a price per gramme, either 5x gold price or 3x platinum, whichever is greater.
Unamped they will both be the same - silent.
On ebay.co.uk I found two other sellers apparently offering the desired "parts express" headphones, now called "Electrovision Orange Stereo Headphones" http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electrovision-Orange-Stereo-Headphones-A070B-/400637014313?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item5d47d3b129 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-Stereo-Headphones-Electrovision-A070B-/321174723911?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item4ac7815d47 I...
I bought the ones pictured and the headband detaches and works perfectly with Koss KSC. There are a couple of very similar looking products out there on ebay and amazon marketplace which are not quite identical so no guarantee that the band will detach. Check the images very carefully and if the headband attachment point isn't absolutely identical to the one in that amazon pic then it's not what you want. If you buy something which isn't exactly as pictured then you are...