Posts by julian67

Maybe you should attach your ~/.asoundrc and your working mpdconf and any cantata config files so people have a chance to help.In any case gmpc is the only GUI MPD client which supports all of MPD's features so I'd suggest that anyone needing anything more than basic features and simple metadata support should just stick with gmpc (or a console client such as ncmpc/ncmpcpp/mpc). I've been using MPD for quite a few years and I think I must have tried every GUI client at...
And I have my dual driver Samsung HS 3303 ...8 mm tweeter + 10 mm woofer, ported and vented......deeply unfashionable, resolutely ignored by almost everyone, same price as Pistons, high quality mic and controls for Galaxy Note/Tab/S and sound absolutely brilliant. Sometimes I use my 1st gen circumaural Momentums instead but that is to have a break from stuff being inserted in my ear, not because they sound better. The Xiaomis are OK though and sometimes I use them...
Until your phone rings and you can't answer it.
is hamster
ebay for the ones with the sane price. Got to ebay. Search "Cable for Shure se". unicorn boutique for the magic ones.
You can buy an identically thin and equally flexible cable for Shure SE series for US $15. I have two (with mic buttons for Android), one braided fabric covered, the other regular rubber/plastic outer. You can even get slightly cheaper ones if you don't want smartphone control or mic. Sonic difference of Shure 160cm cable vs any other non-defective 120/160cm cable of sufficient gauge and insulation? Zero. Number of laws of physics broken and audiophile alchemical...
Linum Bax cables cost more than a new set of SE215.....not a great match...if you can afford Linum Bax cables you are not buying bottom of the range Shures. And while the manufacturer boasts of their pull strength it is irrelevant. IEM cables don't fail by snapping in half like frayed string or over cooked spaghetti, they fail at the joins to the earphones and at the jack, or because the cable outers perish or get damaged.For a cable 120-160cm long you don't need...
There are perfectly good aftermarket cables at much lower price than Shure or FiiO. Typically they are much less stiff and bulky than the Shure originals.Examples:Plain cable: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261798851717?lpid=82Samsung Galaxy compatible cable: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310714596148There are lots of others such as iPhone compatible cables, longer cables, special magic audiophile cables which defy logic and nature and so on.Some of the non-original cables...
It's hardly unusual for companies with truly terrible quality control and/or dismally bad customer service to get a pass on head-fi and still be some kind of eternal flavour of the month. Established and supposedly respectable and expert reviewers use a product for a few hours or days and then award scores, often even down to fractional differences! They get known good products direct from the manufacturer/importer/principal vendor and somehow feel qualified to comment...
The highs are a little hollow but there just is just no way to describe the mids as recessed. I have listened to two pairs of the Piston 2.0 gold version and two pairs of the plastic ones. I noticed someone else use the description veiled and I almost choked. I wonder if people have their own personal definitions of words like recessed, veiled, mids, highs, bass? One can certainly argue the quality of the rendering next to more expensive items but there is just no way...