Posts by julian67

The problem is with the 10 ohm output impedance of the DACmini. It means that typical low impedance IEMs and portable headphones will have very unbalanced frequency response (different frequencies get rendered at different volumes - sounds horrible). Your phone's headphone out impedance is probably closer to 1 ohm, maybe even lower. A rule of thumb is that your headphone's impedance should be at least 8 times greater than the amp's output impedance. In practice an IEM...
They always measure like that lol. And if you think that's bad you can head over to innerfidelity and have a look at the square wave and impulse response measurements. These things are laughable. Next big laugh comes when you actually hear them and then finally you can cry with laughter while you re-read all the fotm and fanboy praise.
I'm waiting for the white plastic edition at $12.
FR graph says nothing about distortion or ringing. If you only ever look at FR graph then you will never work out why headphones that which measure similarly in terms of FR actually often sound completely different. In any case the monoprice graph you posted actually shows such a big imbalance between left and right that it is comically bad...10 dB difference at some points. That kind of third rate imbalance seems to show up whenever they are measured. I have a pair...
It's also pretty funny because most of those Samsung devices are among the best sounding smartphones so far.
If, as claimed,it is going to be awfully hard to listen with them. I hate to break the news but the stuff what goes down yer lug holes has actually got to be good old (analogue) sound waves...unless you are a cyborg.yes, it is just a gimmick, being used to part the gullible from their cash. It is total, 100%, unadulterated horse ****.
Beyond sound quality is the fact that these are primarily an Android headset and the volume controls will not work on Apple (pause/play and call answering should be fine).
Have you tried smashing them with a hammer and then buying something you like?
Build Quality: I have both the metal and the plastic Pistons. I use the plastic ones more as the headset controller is a little easier for me. I often sleep with them in. I have snagged the cable so many times I could not honestly make a warranty claim if they stopped working. But they don't stop working :-) The construction and materials even of these $12 items seems perfectly good: not fancy or elaborate or pretty but very well suited to the budget IEM life of...
You won't get a shipping notification email, it's all done on the ibuygou website. The order status will change and display like so: Pending => Paid => On the way Just mouse over the order list/item to check. I wouldn't worry about tracking. These are small, low value items which will ship free via airmail and probably arrive in a couple of weeks YMMV. The package is small enough it will fit in a letter box and doesn't need a signature. I've bought several small...