Posts by JoeDoe

Trades?
  I'll get on it.
Yes, the E12 would be fine. I used one once upon a time with an iPod that got them plenty loud. 
Open vs Closed SennGrado Review 1   Open-Back:   I’ve written a review in the Head Gear section (http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-grado-hybrid-a-k-a-senngrado/reviews/11027) that goes into more detail but here’s the summary.   The SennGrado is very similar in sound to the Grado RS1i. As a matter of fact, I rate the bass of the SG as better, along with the soundstage. The RS1 has the upper hand in the mids, while the trebles are comparable, although the...
Nice!  If you can afford it, I'd try the E12. Most have commented on how it helps with soundstage and micro-detail at mid to low volumes. In the event that you don't hear much difference, you won't have a problem selling the E12. 
Trades?
I recently converted my entire 20k+ song library to 320 as after hours of A/Bing, decided that I cannot hear a difference between FLAC and 320, even with mid-to-upper tier gear. It's nice to have that 150gb back.
I've used the Sony MDR V6s more times than not. There's a reason they've been considered a studio standard by many.
Do a little reading on the portable source gear forum. The X5/DX90 debate is quite alive and well. For the most part, the DX90 is considered to be a little more analytical in sound with an airier presentation while the X5 is a touch warmer with a slightly more intimate sound. And that's not getting into the aesthetic/performance differences between the two.
Interestingly enough, many consider the Asgard to be a slightly warm SS amp. Not tubey-warm, but not cold or bright like the Magni.