Posts by JoeDoe

Pm if you're interested in headphones or amplifiers!
Pmed
Thanks PCT, With regards to my setup, the amp is actually still en route - won't be here until Tuesday. I know that I shouldn't really ask for advice regarding tube-rolling until I have the amp, but it's shipping with mostly stock tubes, and I've done quite a bit of reading. Seems like the stock sound is a little tilted towards upper mids and treble. I've got Grado PS1000s and ZMF Ori's, both of which have very different power demands. The Ori needs more juice while the...
Right you are. EZ G's all the way!
Hey there Elise-ers, I recently picked up a secondhand Elise through HF, and I'd like to dip my toe into the tube-rolling arena (an oxymoron I know). Ive got a few pairs of 6SN7s already. Been reading and I know the 7236 is a well regarded driver. Are there conclusive sonic differences between the Sylvania and tung sol versions? Any additions recommendations for 2-3 budget conscious options?
eBay, Tubeworld, theTubeStore
Pmed
I've not heard it, but I've had multiple conversations with Dr. Lloyd, and he maintains that it sound is extremely close to the MAD. The main difference between the two is lower output impedance and more power from the sidewinder.And I don't think I would say it's hard to find matched tubes for the 6SE. They're not the most common, but I would not say hard to find.
Depending on your cans, I'd say top three under $1k are the WA6SE, Feliks Elise, and MAD Ear+ HD/Sugarmaple Sidewinder.
Man, that is an incredible piece of kit! If money was no object, you'd have a p.m. from me for sure!