Posts by Hijodelbrx

Interesting dialog.  So I'm wondering what's your source?  What music are you listening to?  You say you have great hearing.  Is this your opinion or have you had your hearing checked out by a doctor?  I'm not trying to put you on the spot or anything, I'm just curious.  This audio thing is crazy man, like I said before, there's so many variables to be taken into account!  Stan, here's a question for you.  I've read (here on Head-Fi) an opinion that the O2 and the Magni...
Re: the difference in sound in amps (or truthfully, ALL things audio!).  I've been in this audio hobby for over 30 yrs. and have read so many debates about this sound vs. that sound.  Do cables make as difference?  Does a cheap amp sound different than an expensive one if they measure the same?  Do all DAC's do the same thing?  Digital vs. analog.  Does new gear sound better than old?  The debates go on and on.  Here's my opinion: true audio appreciation is something one...
All this talk about fake HD600's and Amazon policies is interesting BUT...I've never heard a single account of someone buying a counterfeit HD600! Not on this thread (I've read the whole thing!) or anywhere else. Has anybody?
 Can't imagine why'd you bother to bring this up Ralph.  Art appreciation should focus on the art.  We could write books about the things that artists of all types have done wrong throughout history.  It doesn't have anything to do with the art.  It seems like TMZ type of gossip.  True but irrelevant.  Just my opinion. 
I own about 95+% of Miles Davis's recordings, an amazing body of work! I'd recommend reading one of the MD books (there's a few). His life, personality, wit, and lifestyle is immensely entertaining, historically informative, but most importantly, will change/affect the way you listen to his music! The 'Prince Of Darkness' was a true bad-ass! Love me some Miles Davis!
Cool thread! Some 'live' albums - The Stones - Get Your Ya-Ya's Out Johnny Winter And - Live Hendrix - Band Of Gypsys Edgar Winter's White Trash - Roadwork Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus Humble Pie - Rockin' The Fillmore The Mothers - Live At The Fillmore The Allman Bros. - Live At The Fillmore David Lindley & El Rayo X - Live Los Lobos - Live At The Fillmore Mahavishnu Orchestra - Between Nothingness & Eternity Taj Mahal - The Real Thing (Live At The...
Different strokes for different folks!. I never turn the bass boost off on mine! It's not a gigantic change in the sound signature, just adds more body, weight, and slam/impact!!
I've owned my HD600's for over 10 yrs.  I recently bought new pads and band but seeing the price ($88) for a new part that's not related to the sound quality in any way makes me wonder about the individual parts cost and how much is actually spent on the drivers and wire.  Interesting to note that High End gear is focused on high quality parts yet the HD600's have achieved a legendary status for their sound quality, even though it seems obvious the lions share of the...
HP has passed sway at the age of 77.  Along with J. Gordon Holt, Harry was THE major voice of the audiophile press during the glory years.  Love him or hate him, ALL audiophiles owe HP their gratitude for his role in furthering this hobby.  I phased out of reading the mags (TAS & Stereophile) once they changed from being digest-sized.  I still own many of those and still find them very readable, especially early TAS.  I remember how floored I was that an editor was so...
Anat Cohen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!