Posts by Hijodelbrx

I own a few Andy Narrell solo records.  I most enjoyed his work when he partnered up with Dave Samuels & Paquito D'Rivera in The Caribbean Jazz Project.  They were one of the greatest Latin Jazz bands of all time. The sonics of steel pans, vibes/marimba, & piano have always been interesting and pleasing to my ears.  A group of all-stars AND one of the greatest horn players (IMO) of all time, whats not to like!?;).    
Of course you should do what you feel is best, but I've been charging mine solely from the wall for over a year without a problem.
I feel like my TF10's are very much like my HD600's, not the best but so good as to not bother with the rest!;)
Happy Birthday Miles!!!
Stan, re: HD600 and scaling.  While I agree 100% about 'garbage in. garbage out' being an absolute audio truth, your point about HD600's not scaling leaves me confused.  If x-component is neutral and sounds better as you improve components down the chain, isn't this the definition of 'scaling'?  I've always believed this to be so, I'm curious as to your definition.  Perhaps you can provide an example of a component that does scale well.  Or is it that you don't believe in...
I never cared much for Ferguson's 'Rocky' period. I have a few records that he recorded after this period with a Big Band, live, that were smokas. The The longtime lead trumpet player in Maynard's band is west coast studio vet; Wayne Bergeron. Needless to say, he's a musicians musician, a stellar horn man. I think he's playing in Gordon Goodwin's Phat Band currently. If you're interested in modern, well recorded, exciting Big Band, Wayne Bergeron's recorded 2 albums;...
I believe that having gear that delivers a neutral, even sound is the only way to hear a recording as the artist truly intended it to be heard. Regardless of whether it's a recording of acoustic music or bass-heavy hip hop, or distorted rock. A music system shouldn't 'add' anymore bass or distortion to what's already in the recording. If the artist wanted the music to have 'more' he would've added it in the studio. I believe the inherent neutrality of the HD600's is a...
I kinda/sorta remember Harry Pearson (RIP) describing what the 'absolute sound' should be as close to the sound of a live acoustic band as possible.  And for this reason, to calibrate the sound of yr system, it's essential to attend as many concerts/shows as possible.  Live acoustic music covers a very large group of music, classical, bluegrass, jazz, and so much more.  HP's writings made sense to me when I 1st read them 30 yrs ago, and they still make sense.  Once you...
Alright!  Finally got around to figuring out how to post video's (no big deal really but....;).  Here's my 1st one to celebrate from the amazing Santa Fe & The Fat City Horns!  (Not Jazz but.....jazzy!)     and here's one from my favorite drummer (at this point in time!); Cuban genius virtuoso drummer/bandleader/composer; Dafnis Prieto.  It's a promo for his newest record (released a few weeks ago).  I urge you all to give this a listen thru yr headphones/IEM's, it's...