or Connect

Posts by Hijodelbrx

One more from my absolutely favorite Sergio Mendes record!
CTI California Concert was the very 1st Jazz record I ever bought!  Primarily due to my just having gotten into Billy Cobham from his involvement with Dreams.  Could you imagine, I'd never heard of Freddie Hubbard, Ron Carter, Stanley Turrentine, George Benson, Airto, Hubert Laws, or Hank Crawford.  I own so many records by all these guys now!  Hard to believe Billy Cobham's creative output during the early 70's.  Besides practically being the CTI 'house' drummer, which...
  How 'bout some white!?;)
I saw the 60 minute telecast and thought it was OK.  A few days later I saw a broadcast online of the event that was 90 minutes long with NO commercials, which probably would've been a 2 hour show on TV.  The longer version was excellent!  Chick Corea was featured a few times and also included a tribute to Miles where they played 'Spanish Key' featuring Corea, McLaughlin, Hancock, Miller, & Terence Blanchard!  Was fun to note that this didn't get the standing ovation most...
 Nope, their new one is called 'Culcha Vulcha'!  
Great week for those of us into a more electric form of Jazz with new killa releases from Snarky Puppy, Oz Noy, Dean Brown, and the Yellowjackets!
I'll just state the obvious, do YOU hear benefits?  I also use my E12 with my 600's.  I read an opinion (I think on this thread somewhere, or maybe over on the HD600 thread) that the low gain setting has less distortion.  I don't hear any so I prefer the more powerful setting.