Posts by Alessandro1

Nice comparison! About HD800 (over 20.xxx) I agree it is better for classical than T1, especially in air and separation when you face big orchestras.They are quite at the same level with Brandeburg or something like. I think that T1 could be preferred with solo instruments and solo performances. With piano, violin and cello I do like them very much and for Bach's variations, suites for cello, and violin sonatas and partitas for example, I do not need more than T1. May be...
  Thanks. So to my ears should not be a problem. Some people who find few small differences signifies something difficoult to percive anyway. By the way, mine is an old version sn° 1414. I find it very good, I'm using it with an A1 Clone Gold but i'm curious to try it with an OTL amp. Something like a BH Crack or a WA2 if the difference in SQ justify the gap in price between the two.
HI!   I've heve not read the entire thread yet, but I haven't found information about the old T1 model and the new one (the transparent one). Is there any difference in the sound?
Sure! But I'm sorry because I haven't got the last/final version because I didn't want to touch them before the can be auditioned as the are.Then when they'll come back will open them again to take some photos hoping nothing will change in the sound. So, some of the photo here represent just foulty try. Now they have inside the cup a material similar to Paxmate, but it's bitumen + something textile like moquette. SRH 840 pads instead of SrH 940 and less cotton and...
I've finished the "first step" of my T50 Rp. They share some similarities with BMF mods. I'm really satisfied with them and their balanced neutrality but I think that I can do something more for the soundstage in the future. I've made them to be auditioned by a audiophile friend of mine who was skeptic before putting them on, but at the end he was amazed. I think he was not so happy in realizing that his new AD900X was not as good as the Fostex...   As I can see,...
I own dt990 pro  and HD650. In my opinion the best job in sub-bass area is made by the 990. The fat and full HD650 bass can give a listening pleasure that 990 cannot achive, but it's not as precise as Beyer's one.
Thank for the advice, I've tried many "stacks" and lifting, but for the moment I'm just gaining a larger soundstage while I'm losing something in Sq and spl, so, for the moment I've made a step back.
Thanks mrscotchguy, I will try some stacking
I've modified my T50 Rp, and I could say that I''m pretty satisfied with them right now. I'm using Shure 940 pads instead of 840 (just because I already have). Among my headphones I can say that they share the same quality level of Dt880 600 Ohm and Hd650. Just better than SRH 940 and Dt770 pro 80 imho. Absolutely not fatiguing, but well detailed and natural.   I would like to make the head-stage a little bigger, any idea? I cannot find it here, could you hep...
I've purcheased a pair. In Europe they are so difficoult to find! I will give a try to one of BMF versions in relation to materials I can find here in Italy, then I will experiment something else. I'm hoping that this cans could achieve Srh 940 or Dt770 pro levels at least, and if it's the case I hope they can be compared to other open I have. Thank you in advance for everything you put in this 3d!