Posts by obsidyen

No impedance issue is hardware based, firmware won't make it go away. That said, newer Explorers have 5 ohm output so headphones over 40 ohm shouldn't have a problem, even 32 ohms would be ok in my opinion. That said it's better to buy the new one with only 0.47 ohm output.
L2 can sound harsh with poor recordings and piercing guitar riffs. I could not listen to So Young by Suede with L2, it made my ears hurt. Even with X2 it's hard to tolerate the guitar riff at the start of the song, but it's easier to listen to anyway. Also listening to The Beatles with L2 was not fun at all. X2 is much better for that. Right now I'm listening to American Idiot by Green Day and it sounds really good.
Q701 is totally the opposite of X2. I hate Q701, love X2.
I'm at work and I can't wait to go home to my X2s. :) I have AKG Y40s  and also laptop speakers (I have my own office room) but they just don't cut it. 
 I haven't watched a film with these yet but the sound is full, engaging with good bass so I expect these would be great for watching films. MT-220 is for studio monitoring as far as I know, so I think X2 would be better for watching films and gaming.
That's why I wrote in quotation mark. :) They are not flagships but 2nd best of Senn and Fostex. Still expensive for most people unlike X2. I must say though, X2 is to me preferable to HD800 and TH900 as well. TH900's highs are piercing which I cannot tolerate. HD800, while technically much better, is less musical. HD800 is like a surgeon. Great at his job but not emotional. X2 is musical and technically better than HD650 with great bass, so it's perfect for me. I think...
The thing with, EDM, unlike hiphop there's lots of treble too. So you need to hear that treble well. That said, if the headphones sound harsh, it can get fatiguing quickly. That's what I didn't like about TH600s, they have great bass but the treble was unbearable in dubstep and electro house (Tiesto for instance) tracks. I think it's better for hiphop. With X2, there's no treble harshness, it just sounds right like in a club. X2 is great for classical rock too. You know...
Ok guys, first impressions after 3 hours of listening.   Very comfortable. Much more comfortable than HD650 and Fidelio L2.   Sound:   - Very hi-fi, analog sounding. Certainly not mid-fi. These headphones can give many "flagships" a run for their money (I'm looking at you HD700 and TH600).   - Slightly warmer than neutral. If you like this type of sound like I do, you're going to love these. These are, in my opinion, superior to HD650s. They have that analog sound...
Finally they delivered the X2. Sadly I'm at work and I have to wait another 6 hours. :)  Theoretically no. But there are people who say  they benefit from a better amp/dac. I'll probably just use it with my computer's headphone jack. It has no noise or hiss ( some people claim that all laptops sound horrible but I disagree) and sounds quite pleasant. My friend built a computer with onboard audio, Realtek ALC 1150 dac and it sounds awesome, much better than most dacs out...
 I hear you bro. I don't know why Amazon Europe works with UPS when DHL is much better? UPS is so slow.