Posts by obsidyen

How's the sub-bass mate?
Uh ok... Previous Beats phones didn't seem of high quality to me, maybe it's the all plastic build that gives such impression. I'll try Solo 2...
I wonder how Solo 2 sounds with Dre's Still D.R.E.   I've never had a Beats phone, I've always found them terrible. I have no prejudice though, maybe finally they did something right. The build quality still seems horrible, however. I'll try them at the Apple Store sometime this week.   Tyll, how do you think Solo 2 compared to Onkyo ES-HF300 and Beyer T51? Which one would you buy? I listen to EDM, pop, indie/alternative, jazz...
Do you think Justin Beieber's music's production is good? It's auto-tuned, highly compressed garbage. Most modern music is. Now I really like modern music and mostly listen to EDM, indie/alternative and pop but 95% has bad production quality. For instance, Coldplay's albums are mastered awfully, just so bad. High quality recordings are usually classical and jazz. One of my recent reference albums, for instance, is George Benson's Guitar Man. Production values of that album...
 Good... I want to buy Fidelio X2 that'll be released in September.
I'm waiting for HD850s from Sennheiser.   It's just I always find something lacking in other headphones. But yeah, I'll give HE560s a try.
The greatest thing about HD650s I think, is that they are made for listening to music. You know what I mean if you've been to a lot of concerts. HD650s are the best headphones (I've heard) that sound as musical and awe-inspiring as live music. I mean yeah, HD800s and and Beyer T1s are more resolving, more detailed but they sound cold compared to HD650s. Like they are made for professionals, producers, you know people who make music for a living. Listening to HD650s is...
Who cares how much R&D they made? If it doesn't sound as good as HD650/600s, then it's not worth it. I'm not saying it doesn't as I haven't heard it yet, just saying that bad R&D results in expensive yet disappointing products, such as Ultrasone Edition 10. Beats have a lot of money, Apple bought them, but hey they are still terrible.
 Fair enough. HD650s are amazing at what they do. There are many new headphones that do a lot of things better, but they lack something compared to HD650s in some way. For instance, many headphones have piercing treble, many others have recessed mids, many are heavy... HD650s are still the best all-rounder headphones in my opinion. I will audition PM-2s when the dealer in my country starts selling them. If they have HD650 sound quality with more portability (foldable...
Yeah, and Tyll said while they were enjoyable, they weren't audiophile reference quality. There are tons of 300$ enjoyable headphones on the market. 600-1000 USD means that headphones should at least be some level of reference quality.