Posts by obsidyen

Anyone can compare these to Philips Fidelio X2? How are these for EDM/Dance/Electronic/Trance?
May I ask what was the setting? Balanced, tight or warm? Because to my experience, Velvet is simply the most musical IEM I've ever heard in balanced setting. I certainly can't say the same about the warm setting.
 I'm not sure but I belive they're going to announce high-res streaming which won't take more bandwidth than CD quality by using Meridian's MQA technology. You need a Meridian DAC or system though as currently only Meridian products can decode MQA. Other DACs and systems will downsample to CD quality because they can't decode it. If Meridian sell the license to companies like Linn, Chord etc. howeever, I believe FPGA dacs can be programmed to decode MQA. Right now the...
You're welcome, reviewers usually don't care about headphone jack audio quality. Some people criticize gsmarena's methods but it's better than nothing. Phonearena measures output power, I'm also going to post that when they post their review.
 No...
I recommend this playlist to all Fidelio X2 owners.   http://tidalhifi.com/playlist/5abb8e39-bf28-44d0-8d21-f589e18b700e
I auditioned Galaxy S6 at a Vodafone store. I think the design is a major fail. It looked like Galaxy S5 with a glass front/back. It was a fingerprint magnet unlike Sony Xperia phones which have glass back/front but don't get much fingerprints on them. I couldn't test the sound quality as it was a demo unit and there wasn't any music in it. Touchwiz seemed responsive but it's as ugly as ever. I hope the SQ is great because other aspects of the phone didn't appeal to me. I...
It will be a real shame if S6 has subpar audio quality.
I live in Turkey and I've used it for about 2 weeks. Excellent service, no dropouts or anything. The quality is superb.
flinkenick described it better than I could but I'd also like to say a few words. IE800 have a huge soundstage but you're at the far back in the concert hall. Musicians are far away from you. Sound is thin, lean and soulless. It was dull and boring. Treble could be harsh and sibilant at times, especially with rock and pop. I imagine IE800 is only good for jazz and classical, but personally I'm not a big fan of those genres. I like electronic, EDM, rock, pop, indie etc......